WLS-friendly primary care physicians in the Bay Area?

inkedandsleeved
on 11/12/11 5:43 am
Guys, I need your help once again.
I am needing to get exams plus get cleared to have the DS from a primary care physician / general practitioner/ family physician before my surgeon will perform the DS. I'm a great candidate, and self-pay, it's just that they do require I go through a checkup with my gp.

Problem is, I JUST moved to SF and don't have a primary care physician.
Can anyone recommend a primary care physician that's "cool" with the DS (or if not the DS, WLS in general)? I don't want to have to deal with another doctor that tells me "oh you just need to diet". Dieting helped me push near 280. lol.

I am just looking for a doc that will run my necessary tests and give their results and determine me safe or not for bariatric surgery.

Anyone know of any?
Or anyone know who I can bug that might know of any?
Thank you! I'm totally new to Cali. And self-pay so it doesn't matter what insurance they take.

* Gail R *
on 11/12/11 5:57 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Are you actually in SF or one of the nearby cities? Let me know and I will ask around. I have friends who work at hospitals.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

inkedandsleeved
on 11/12/11 6:16 am
 Gail, i'm in the Mission district of SF, and can go anywhere in the Bay Area :)
* Gail R *
on 11/12/11 8:26 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I will have to get back to you on this.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Kathleen F.
on 11/12/11 12:07 pm, edited 1/25/12 5:54 am
[edited to remove personal information]

MissD1969
on 11/13/11 6:17 am
I just wanted to welcome you to our wonderful city.  I wish I had a recommendation for you, but I have  Kaiser insurance and used my primary doctor.   I work in the mission and I am willing to meet with you, if you have any questions or just want to chat with someone face to face that has had the surgery.

buffalobillsfan
on 11/13/11 10:21 am - CA

I'll PM you a referral in Santa Clara.  Welcome!!!