Today's lesson

Sheanie
on 11/11/11 11:33 pm

You had to summon your inner *****  Good for you, because some women never get to know her power.  My inner ***** came out in pre-op, when my surgeon told me I might be waking up with only the sleeve (I weighed a little over 200) and asked how I would deal with that?  I took a deep breath, thunk for a second, then let my inner ***** answer for me, while an idiotic nurse tried for the third time to start my IV (first and ONLY time anybody has ever needed more than one poke at me).  I said "well, if that happens, I will be PISSED, and I will deal with it.  BUT, you won't be seeing me for the switch part, I'll see another surgeon."  I woke up with the entire DS. 

I found my inner ***** when I first gave birth.  She is never wrong, and she has saved my life a few times. 

Oh, and my surgeon?  Haven't seen him since.  He never came to see me in hospital, and couldn't be found to discharge me.  I waited for almost 6 hours, then threatened to check myself out AMA before another surgeon in the same practice did it for him.  During the pre-surgery work up, my surgeon complained that he never saw his DS patients again after the first year.  I"ve been back for every single check-up, but have never seen HIM. 

That nurse at Dr. B's?  She will be a distant memory of a road bump in your DS journey.  I have developed a saying that you gotta just tense up your buttocks and ride over those a-holes in your DS journey.  Leave them in the dust, baby, coughing and choking where they belong.  They are one of the flaming hoops you have to jump through in order to be the winner.

You're gonna do just fine with the DS.  You're a pro-active health consumer who has already learned to read your own labs, and to INTERPRET them yourself, as well. 

I.  am.  not.  a.  doctor.

HW 250ish  SW 219  CW 110  LW 100

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 12:06 am, edited 1/28/12 7:54 pm

This comment removed for privacy protection from OH.

zuzupetals2u2
on 11/12/11 7:54 am - Sedona, AZ
that was a great story- one that pre-ops need to hear especially so they know what they are getting into.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh