Working at Starbucks

Jennifer L.
on 11/14/11 9:26 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with
 Hey everyone,

So I have been a member and fan of OH for about 3 years now... and no, no surgery yet. I ended up having a 2nd child and did manage to loose about 40lbs on my own in two years. I am still struggling with my weight and this surgery has always been in the back of my mind. I still feel, as I did 3 years ago, that this is the best option for me considering my history with my weight struggles and my families history of weight problems. 

I jumped on here to ask if anyone has actually done the starbucks route to get the weight loss surgery. What all did that really intail? How long did you work at starbucks? I am a full time college student right now on top of being a full time mother of a 2 and 3 year old boys so before to do something like ad a job to my already very busy schedule, I want to know as many details as possible. 

So please, everyone who has experience with starbucks, let me know!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

Renfairewench
on 11/14/11 10:25 pm

What is the Starbucks route? I mea, I know what Starbucks is, but how does it relate to getting weight loss surgery?

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

PamLovesLime
on 11/14/11 10:32 pm - IN
 Even PT workers at Starbucks can get on their health insurance. I've seen this mentioned before on these boards, but cannot pinpoint who has actually done this for WLS. I do know people who have done it for non-WLS health benefits, however.

Good luck!
Pamelalalala
Switched on Feb 9, 2011! 

Jennifer L.
on 11/14/11 11:04 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with
Jennifer L.
on 11/14/11 11:06 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with
 From what I understand, Starbucks has excellent benefits for part-time workers and it covers WLS.

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

Larissa P.
on 11/14/11 10:43 pm - Denton, TX
I never could get a job ... because I believe they thought I was too fat to work there, honestly. They have only so much room behind the counter.

Of course, I live in a college town, so there was lots of competition.

All I can say is good luck, because they aren't desperate to hire...

Also, 2014 may bring changes in the insurance landscape that will help us all. Here's to hoping!
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Jennifer L.
on 11/14/11 11:08 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with
 Since it is the holiday season, I figured now would be the best time to apply. 

Instagram