Ricotta Fluff with a twist!! YUMMMO!!

scoob
on 11/13/11 6:25 am - Somerset, KY
Yummy twist to Ricotta Fluff!! Our family always does a pistachio delight for the holidays. This is sugar PACKED! Tonight I tried to mimic it and it is awesome.
1 small Full Fat Ricotta Cheese
1 box Sugar Free Jello pistachio pudding
whole milk or heavy whipping cream
Chopped walnuts or pecans
Extra Creamy whipped cream, very little carbs compared

Whip Pudding pack into Ricotta cheese. Pour milk/cream to desired creaminess. I like mine about the consistency of soft serve. Top with crushed walnuts or pecans, hell both,lol. Squirt on some whipped cream, YUMMMMMMM! Give it a go and let me know what ya think!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

zuzupetals2u2
on 11/13/11 6:31 am - Sedona, AZ
sounds divine! I will try it!  I used lemon pudding last time and it was great too! I am sure there are many possibilities and I will try them too. I recenlty got some key lime juice and am wondering if that might be good in it?

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

scoob
on 11/13/11 6:36 am - Somerset, KY
My fav till now was the cheesecake with half a banana cut up in it. My son loves it this way also. BUT now, this pistachio has got it beat, hands down!!!!!!! I probably won't try the lemon, have never been a fan. I love to look at the puddings and think, HUMMMMMMM......LOL!!

Ruby

orangecrushed
on 11/13/11 6:59 am - Triad, NC
Sounds pretty tasty!  I'm bookmarking this to try later on. :)
scoob
on 11/13/11 10:20 am - Somerset, KY
It is soooo awesome!! You should def. try it!

Ruby

NoMore B.
on 11/13/11 8:03 am
 I'll try this, too.  Pistachio is one of my favorite flavors ever.
scoob
on 11/13/11 10:21 am - Somerset, KY
Me too. Pistachio icecream in a waffle cone! Pistachio Delight! Just plain 'ol pudding. The nuts and whipped cream make it extra special! LOVE it!

Ruby

Tammy D.
on 11/13/11 8:08 am
You are wecome to use any flavor of SF pudding for Val's Ricotta Fluff, and it will still be Val's Ricotta Fluff.

my recipe for Pistachio Delight has never been sugar packed...not sure what you were doing to it to make it so.  Below are the 2 ways we've always made it. The deciding factor is generally the price of the dairy/non-dairy or preference as the 1st is a lighter texture.

1 box Sugar Free Jello pistachio pudding, mix with
1 container Splenda non-dairy whip cream
add Half n Half if you want it thinner
1/2 C (minimum) chopped walnuts, folded in
--or--
1 box Sugar Free Jello pistachio pudding
heavy whipping cream or Half n Half instead of the milk in the box recipe
1/2 C (minimum) chopped walnuts
top w/unsweeteed whip cream
scoob
on 11/13/11 10:18 am - Somerset, KY
Honey, I've been eating Val's Ricotta Fluff for almost 3 years. Different flavors but still her idea. I have PERSONALLY thanked her for this as it got me through my first few weeks post op. It is almost all I ate.

As for Pistachio Delight, my family receipe is wayyyyyyyy different then yours. A homemade crust. Layers of cream cheese, sugars, powedered sugar, nuts, pudding, coolwhip, There are 4 or 5 steps in making it. Full of fat and sugar.

I have been wanting to try the Ricotta Fluff with the pictachio pudding for a while. Had nuts and cream and thought WTH. It is delish and soooooo close to the flavor of my MOM"S Pistachio Delight. I am so happy with it!

I also enjoy chocolate, banana, cheesecake with a half a banana, it is my go to pudding snack. LOVE LOVE LOVE Val! She was my first friend on OH. This is how I found the fluff, reading her profile!!

Ruby

Tammy D.
on 11/13/11 10:47 am

I love being called Honey  ...  that makes my day.  Thanks!