Stall.....:-(

kathie09
on 11/11/11 2:46 am - not available
Dear DS friends

I have been on the boards lurking as much as I can - and I miss it so badly when I'm away. I had to pick up more work right after my DS to be able to pay off my DS loan....so time is tight.

I've lost 60 pounds so far!!! I am so happy about that. I lost the bulk of that in the first two months, and have hit a major stall. I really haven't lost anything within the past month. I'm still doing low carbs and have started working out again (which I am LOVING by the way!!) and I drink water like I used to drink coke. Non stop. Love it.

I'm wondering how to get past this stall. I've tried carbing it up a bit to see if that will shake things up for me - but I actually gained two pounds doing that, so I quickly stopped. I am really stressed out right now, as work is really busy and I have a lot on my plate. I'm wondering if stress has made any of you hit a stall???

I also have PCOS, which has been considerably better since surgery. However, I still have a lot of issues with my hormones, and I'm wondering if that is playing a role in the stall too. Anyone have an opinion on that?

Sorry for all of the questions. I just knew ya'll would have answers though. Thanks in advance for your time!
kathie09
yorkieGal
on 11/11/11 3:41 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Kathie, I think the real issue is here is that you are hitting a normal stall period...I dont think you are doing anything "wrong"

You are eating enough protein, well over 100g a day, drinking a ton of water, keeping simple carbs and sugars to a minimum, taking vites according to your labs, getting some exercise.
if all these things are being done then I would relax, it will come off in its own time honey!! Don't add more stress to your already full plate ok??

Hugs
Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Elizabeth N.
on 11/11/11 7:38 am - Burlington County, NJ
Relax and give it time. Breaks are normal. Take your measurements and pay attention to changes there as well as to scale changes. You're doing just fine.

Better yet, stay off the scale for three months and then see where you are at six months out.

kathie09
on 11/11/11 3:02 pm - not available
Yorkie, I miss reading your sweet posts. It is good to see you again.

Elizabeth!...how can I give up my beloved scale time? Seriously, I think I traded my food addictions for a scale addiction. It is SCARY!!! I might have to try your method. Even as I type that, I want to run to my scale - just to see if it's moved in the past 24 hours Thanks for the note!
kathie09
Elizabeth N.
on 11/12/11 12:52 am - Burlington County, NJ
Uh oh, it's a severe case. Time to give the scale to a very good friend for safekeeping. Good friend = one who will say, "HELL NO I won't give it back to you, quit being so freaking insane and eat some cheese and lift some weights already."......For at least six months.

You wanna mail it to me?

lk1970
on 11/12/11 7:37 am
Ask your husband to hide that scale.... and take a breath honey! Youre doing great!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

mhiggins
on 11/14/11 4:50 am
Hide the scale asap! Im about 1 yr post op, and in the begining I was all over that scale! posting "stall" threads. and they always told me to hide that damn thing and i shouldve listened it wouldve saved me a lot of trouble lol!  Dont worry your still freash, you WILL loose again, promise! Ive had many stalls but the weight continues to come off. 1 yr later im down 162lbs, when i SWORE i was done loosing at 70lbs, 100lbs, 125lbs....and so on...... lol chin up!
Leslie is my Angel*
[[ m i s s y ]]

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/11 10:25 pm
Hi Kathie,

I'm one of those that say don't hide the scale. All during my wl phase I would weigh in the morning after my first poo and then at night before I went to bed. It amazed me how you can literally measure how full of **** you are! That way you can get used to your body's weight fluctuations and won't freak out when you gain 5 lbs. in one day, only to weigh yourself the next day and see you've lost 7 lbs. I'm so in tune with my body I can guess how much I weigh within a pound.

Anyway, your stall is right on target so don't worry...your body has had a major shock and it will pick back up. Some say to eat donuts or other sweets to shock your body back to wl mode. I increased my fluids and it helped kick start me.