To Our Military Veterans

Samaro ..
on 11/11/11 2:29 am

Thank you for your commitment, sacrifice, and service in our military. 

seekingsusan
on 11/11/11 3:36 am - Livermore, CA
DS on 05/24/12
LIKE!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/11 3:58 am
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/11/11 5:15 am - Tuvalu

If I can get loaded enough* for Mr. Sue to throw my ass in the car...I *MIGHT* go to Applebees and get a freebie meal and let THEM thank us.   Meanwhile, thank YOU for the college education (or most of it) and the other cool stuff.

* I may have to go next week and have the SacroIliac Joint injections redone.  Which, if it works THEN, it's fine with me.
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/11/11 5:58 am - Tuvalu
Wait...wait..if we go now...we can hit Chili's AND BJ's and we're not crazy about Applebee's anyway.

We can get something, take a bite, leave a nice tip and get a to go container!
Julie R.
on 11/11/11 8:38 am - Ludington, MI
 Thanks so much for posting this, Sandy.
My school had its annual Veteran's Day program today, and I conducted 150 K-2's and 170 3-6's as they performed two songs honoring our vets.    There was not a dry eye in the house.     I loved seeing the look of happiness and pride in on my students' faces as they sang.    I'd spent the week discussing with them the concepts of freedom, honor,  respect, and courage, and made them all memorize the five branches of the military.    When the Veterans stood to give their speechs, it was cool seeing my students nod in recognition, as these honored guests spoke about the same concepts I'd been pounding into their heads all week!    I was very proud of them!

Thank you to all of our veterans!

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 11/11/11 11:29 am
Thank you all for your service!  One of my dreams has always been to serve my country, but my obesity has prevented that from ever becoming a reality.  To all the family that the vets leave behind during active duty, thank you for your sacrifice as well.  We appreciate you all more than words could ever express!
k9ophile
on 11/11/11 12:08 pm, edited 11/11/11 12:09 pm
I remember reading about your frustration at not being able to be an active duty MD.  Just my own opinion, mind you, but one does not have to don a uniform to serve one's country.  Nor does  wearing a uniform automatically make one do heroic deeds.  I spent a lot of time on broom duty and do not feel like I am anywhere near as noble as those who picked up a gun, flew a jet, or served on the seas.  Yet I am a veteran and also am grateful for the $14,000 +/- I got for my degree. 

WE all serve our country in different ways; I'm sure you do more than you give yourself credit for as well as anyone else who serves without a uniform or a DD214. 

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet