DS Support Groups

ashleyosawe
on 11/10/11 9:39 pm - TX
Hey, are there any DS Support Groups in the DFW area of Texas. I would really like to attend one. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Ashley O.
prettypixels
on 11/10/11 10:29 pm
I don't know about the support groups, but I'm glad you made your way over here!!!
ashleyosawe
on 11/11/11 2:40 am - TX
Yes ma'am! I found my way! Thanks :)
Eli1979
on 11/10/11 10:43 pm
I posted a request over on the Texas board.  I hope someone can help yout out!
DarcyMad
on 11/10/11 10:54 pm - Cedar Park, TX
Ashley - there's one in Denton.  Dr. Stewart has one monthly and it would be so good for you to go no matter where you are in your journey!  Here is their website where you can get more info:

www.weightlosssurgeon.com

Good luck!
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

ashleyosawe
on 11/11/11 2:45 am - TX
Hey Darcy,
I will definitely look into that, a friend of mine will be getting her DS on 11/28 and Dr. Stewart is her surgeon. I will talk to her today about that and get the ball rolling.
Thank you,
Ash
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 11:38 pm - TX
 We will be in Frisco after the 1st of the year.  We'll be leaving behind a great support group here in Lubbock and be looking to join/start one there. 

Hey, Darcy--is Stewart's group an every surgery group or a DS specific group?  I forget.
hamilbr
on 11/10/11 11:51 pm - Lewisville, TX
Dr. Stewart's support group is for ALL surgeries.  Next meeting is in Jan.  They don't have meetings in Nov & Dec because of the holidays. 
Last time the DS'ers as a group got together I beleive was in June.   It would be great if someone wanted to start a monthly DS group meeting. 
So are you moving to Frisco?  Looking forward to meeting you and Shady Slim.
Brenda
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 11:55 pm - TX
 Yes, we move to Frisco...Well, let's see Slim's last day at his current clinic is 31 December and the boys have to be in school, in Frisco, 2 January, so I guess we move 1 January.

I'm going to need a DS monthly group.  I love my current group and our Eating Meetings.  I'll start work on that...
M. Miller
on 11/11/11 1:22 am
Hmnm--is slim shady setting up practice, cause I am sooo looking for a PCP....and who better than one who knows the ins and outs of DS after been through it himself.....and I live in Frisco..perfect...