4 days post op!

fullhousemom
on 11/10/11 9:50 pm
 I am one month out today. I had a c-section 12 years ago, and remember how poorly I felt physically and mentally when I tried to cut back on my pain meds too early.  I learned from that experience to take full advantage of my pain meds!  There was a short period in the hospital when they switched me from iv pain drugs to oral pain drugs, when the pain pills wore off. Yes, I was miserable and depressed!  If you feel poorly, I cant emphasize enough the importance of those drugs!!  And chew on ice chips and sip water. Walk.  Those pain drugs will make you feel better mentally so you can do all those other things you must do!  Good luck and congrats!
Frankie
on 11/10/11 10:10 pm - NY
Hi Kristi,  welcome to the dark side.  It does gets better, I felt the same way a few days after surgery.  Once you are able to start sipping water your urine color will change.  Remember at this point its important to stay hydrated.

Remember the key points, sip, walk and rest then repeat.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Frankie

divakay2
on 11/11/11 2:47 am
Wishing you a speedy and uneventful recovery...............Kenya
kathie09
on 11/11/11 2:53 am - not available
Hello momx4 (I think we both have the same number of children

Oy. I was there just a few months ago. I remember not feeling great - but feeling ever so thankful that my life was finally going in a better direction. I had diabetes, high blood pressure, a slew of other issues, and I was depressed. So, when I started wondering what I had done, I just reminded myself of the death sentence I was living pre op. It does get so much better. Just remember, it is a journey. You've been through a "re-birth" experience, and that is both positive and painful. In a couple of weeks, you will be singing the praises of your DS. In a couple of months you will feel like a new person. I can't wait for you to love it.

Pre-DS I used to watch you tube videos all of the time. Tom Blanchard's clips were some of my favorite. He posted one at about a year out (I think) that was accompanied by Miley Cyrus singing "The Climb". During my first few weeks, I used to watch it all of the time. It is a climb. It is so, so worth it though. Sending you a big cyber hug -- now call your nurse and get more meds

kathie09
J J the Jet Plane
on 11/11/11 2:55 am
Hang in there that TEA color changes frequenly during the first few weeks.

Take it slow get good sleep when you can!
So Happy for YOU!
JJ
HeatherLynn
on 11/11/11 11:18 am - TX
 I am glad you are on the mend, but sorry you feel so horrible. (((hugs)))
Lori F.
on 11/11/11 11:57 am - Chula Vista, CA
Well here you are. Hope you're doing better this Veteran's Day!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/11 12:36 pm
Thank you for the update.  I was wondering how you were doing and hoping all went well.  Now I know what I have to look forward to in 18 days .  I hope you update often so I know what I'm in for lol!!  HUGS.  I hope you feel better soon!!
pktwatch
on 11/11/11 12:52 pm
Walk and sip it does get better.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

z85sparty
on 11/12/11 9:03 am - Mason, MI
 I had buyers remorse for about the first two whole weeks!  Don't worry, that will go away! I wouldn't ever trade my DS for anything!!!  I know it's all very over wheleming right now, but just do your best to sip, sip, sip and get in the fluids that you can!!! 

Welcome to the dark side!!!!!!

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18