My turn

sandyv63
on 11/9/11 10:16 pm - Naples, FL
 So it's finally here. Today at 10:30 AM I join the rest of you losers. I didn't sleep well, I'm hungry and my nerves are shot but other than that, I'm just fine. I have to do this by myself for now 3,000 miles away from home but by the time I get released Sunday, my friend will be with me. All I am truly worried about is the nausea. Anesthesia makes me nauseous. Narcotics makes me nauseous. This is a nausea inducing surgery. I'm kinda screwed here. I was promised plenty of nausea meds so that helps and I am hoping my lack of sleep will make me sleep through the worst of the early recovery later today.

I will post once I am able to scare off the newbies lurking. Nah! Just kidding. I will try to post sometime today depending on how I am feeling.
Frankie
on 11/9/11 10:52 pm - NY
Sandy, good luck to you today.  Everything will be fine, post when you can.  Remember to walk, sip and rest then repeat.

Scooting over to save you a seat!!!

Frankie

Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/9/11 11:18 pm - Tuvalu

If I weren't loaded, I'd be holding your hand right now!

But I'm loaded.

So, good luck.
larra
on 11/9/11 11:38 pm - bay area, CA
Good luck, Sandy! It will be worth al the nausea, exhaustion and flayed nerves in the long run.

Larra
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 12:00 am - PA
Good Luck Sandy!!   Prayers for a sucessful surgery and recovery.

PS.  You didn't scare this newbie!! I'm still looking forward to my day - which is still 2 months away!!!!

Gosh....when will January get here!!! LOL
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 12:05 am
I hope everything is going well for you today!!  I'm looking forward to hearing the good, bad, and ugly when you post! 
hollyweasel
on 11/10/11 1:13 am - MI
Good luck - kick some ass with walking and sipping.  It will suck for a little while, but before you know it you will feel much much better than you even did going in to it. :)

Holly

DS Surgery in Detroit Medical Center on 8/17/11.
Start Weight: 386 

yorkieGal
on 11/10/11 3:02 am - Clermont, FL

Good Luck sweetie, you may be suprised after all and the nausea may not be so bad!
I am swinging everything for ya and moving on over to make room for you on the losers bench!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

prettypixels
on 11/10/11 4:26 am
I hope everything goes well and the nausea is minimal. You will sleep a lot! At least, I did!
Lori F.
on 11/10/11 5:47 am - Chula Vista, CA
Yay for you! Can't wait to hear from you!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49