Don't qualify for DS

butercup
on 11/10/11 1:38 pm - Kennewick, WA
Don't give up Toya, this isn't the end. I'm sorry you cried. (huggs)
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 9:28 pm
It's a new day today and hopefully, you have gotten a little sleep. Please find hope in the prior responses to you!! I could feel the weight of your hopelessness in your original post, but I think a 2nd opinion is something you should pursue. Never give up, never surrender! (sorry, Galaxy Quest quote).

Hugs,
Ratkity
Frankie
on 11/10/11 10:00 pm - NY
Toya, I am sorry that Doc Roslin told you he couldn't do the DS.  Don't give up, the other people are right you are entitled to a second opinion.  Explore all of your options and if Dr. Rabkin or Dr. Keshishian can do your surgery then go for it.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Frankie

scoob
on 11/10/11 10:29 pm - Somerset, KY
Sorry that things didn't go the way you had hoped with Dr Roslin. But with a second or even thrid opinion, maybe you'll find a good revision surgeon who can do your DS. So hope that you get some good news soon! Keep us updated! HUGS!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

larra
on 11/10/11 11:38 pm - bay area, CA
I'm so sorry!
    But don't leave us, and don't give up yet. Doctors, even the best doctors, don't always agree. A second opinion is in order, and I agree with the others that Dr. Keshishian (or maybe Dr. Gagner, depending on your insurance) is your best bet.

Larra
Mike A.
on 11/11/11 12:15 am - Independence, MO
I've got to agree with everyone advising you to get another opinion. Not all doctors are created equal ya know

Mike
HW 452/SW 428/ CW 188/GW 190

Toy T.
on 11/11/11 1:18 am
DS on 02/22/12
 Thanks everyone for all your words of encouragment and advice. I have been a busy little bee this morning. I called insurance company and verified that Dr. K does indeed particpate with my insurance and it is covered, call to see how I get my medical records and will fax over request later today, called Dr. K's office and she told me to do the inquiry over the computer and input all my information so can call my insurance company. I went ahead and did so and now I am just waiting on a call back. I also decided that even if I can't get the surgery I need to take a more pro active role in losing weight so I got on elliptical today and will do it again twice later. I told my mom I was seeking a second opinion and lets just say that went horrible but its my life, my body, and my health. 
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/11 9:48 am
divakay2
on 11/11/11 2:08 am

Toya,
I'm so sorry you didn't get the answer you were looking for.I'm glad to hear you do have other options and hope and pray you get your DS.I enjoy meeting you yesterday as well..........Kenya

kathie09
on 11/11/11 2:16 am - not available
I just wanted to chime in and tell you the same thing you've heard from everyone else: Don't Give Up!!! It took me four years to make my DS happen. I felt like giving up over and over again. I cried more over that than anything else I've ever mourned over. It is worth the fight. Dr Keshishian saved my life.....I will love him forever for that. I'm glad that you've made progress with his office. I will hope and pray for the best for you. Keep going!...This will happen for you!!!
kathie09