What's everyone cooking for dinner??

yorkieGal
on 11/10/11 7:10 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Guys,
so what's everyone cooking for dinner tonight?
we're having homemade pulled pork and dreamfields mac n cheese.

Anyone come across any new low carb or high protein products recently??

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Renee2007
on 11/10/11 7:56 am - Central, FL
 I am in one of my routine patterns until I get burned out. I make a BLT sandwich on low carb bread and I add a fried egg topped with cheddar cheese and lots of mayo and pepper! I just love them!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

yorkieGal
on 11/10/11 10:54 am - Clermont, FL
Hey Renee, which low carb bread do you use? The fried egg BLT sounds so good!
I found somewhere in Kissimmee that is supposed to stock the low carb julian bread - going to find out on Monday!!

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

Renee2007
on 11/10/11 10:34 pm - Central, FL
 I have always used the Pepperidge Farm Oatmeal Lite. They are small and thin slices but they sit well with me and aren't real heavy like some breads.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

yorkieGal
on 11/10/11 10:41 pm - Clermont, FL
Oh cool, I'll look out for that at Publix, now you got me craving a fried egg and cheese sandwhich lol

Yorkie xx

Renee2007
on 11/10/11 11:06 pm - Central, FL
 It's a comfort food to me. I never in my wildest dreams would have ever thought that egg fried in bacon grease and topped with cheddar and bacon and mayo would be health food for me! ENJOY!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

ModestoK
on 11/10/11 8:41 am
I'm feeling too tired and lazy to cook tonight. So I'll be swinging by Wendy's for a small chili to which I will add roasted chicken and tons of cheddar.
I may have to make some Dreamfield's mac & cheese sometime soon, though. Sounds good.
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

newyorkbitch
on 11/10/11 9:28 am
poached salmon with yogurt/dill sauce
quinoa salad with raisins and pecans
sauteed spinach with shallots

tomorrow:
roasted chicken
roasted small potatoes
Indian-stye napa cabbage

Have a recently slaughtered leg of lamb in the freezer,  thinking of doing that soon,  probably with some fall vegetables - I'm on a butternut squash kick.
April M.
on 11/10/11 9:46 am - MI
Brok's pizza, with plain ol' pepperoni. I've finally convinced my husband that a low carb diet might be a good idea for him, so I'm trying to pull out all the stops for the first two weeks while he's going through induction phase (he decided that of all the options, Atkin's sounded the most do-able for him). BTW, he says "Brok's pizza is freaking awesome! I just can't wait for the headaches to go away". Speaking of, anyone else remember the misery of "Atkin's flu"?

~April~                                             5'7" 
       2 Part DS                   BMI: S/C/G    59.3/33.5/24.9   

Part 1: 3/14/11                HW/SW#1/SW#2/CW/GW      
    Part 2: 7/14/11                  
379/366/319/214/

yorkieGal
on 11/10/11 10:59 am - Clermont, FL
Yep, remember the "atkins flu" well...he'll feel better and full of energy in a couple of days.

I have yet to make Broks pizza. I have some leftover pulled pork and was thinking of making one tomorrow with bbq sauce in place of marinara and extra onions, mushrooms and cheese....Mmmm I'll let you all know how I get on!!

btw - the leftover dreamfields mac n cheese is great cut into small squares or rolled into small balls and deep fried the next day . i add a little extra garlic powder to mine and make a wasabi ranch dipping sauce for it - we always make this now when we have a party!

Yorkie xx