A little irritated, and a little sad...

beth-28
on 11/9/11 1:53 pm
I have stopped drinking soda Nov 1st in preparation for my DS at the end of the month. I had to stop cold turkey because I cannot tolerate diet soda or crystal light (or things like it) at all....and I have tried them all so it was better just to start drinking water only.

I believe it is changing my tastebuds, because for the last several days nothing I eat tastes good, and I mean nothing.  ~sigh~  I can eat and get full, but I'm not satiated. I'm sure it will get worse after I get started on my liquid diet.

Oh well, this too shall pass (at least I hope so ). It was just unexpected.
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 3:18 pm

Try lemonade made with Lemon Kool Aid, Splenda and Lemon juice, and make it *really* cold.  Even slice up a lemon in it!  I keep two gallons of the stuff made up in a drink dispenser in my fridge at all times.

There's something about the sweet/tangy taste that helps me.  It's now may go-to for getting my fluids in, and taking away my sweet tooth!
beth-28
on 11/9/11 6:36 pm
Thanks, that sounds good. I'll give that a try. Believe it or not, I seem to have lost my taste for sweets as well. We had a meeting last night that we meet at one of the local restaurants for, and my hubby got some chocolate ice cream (I love chocolate ice cream). I asked him if I could have a taste of his and instantly regretted it. It just didn't taste good, and that was strange because I had always liked it from there before.

I suppose that it's a blessing in disguise. Maybe if I keep telling myself that all sweets will taste bad, then maybe I won't crave them later on after the switch. (And maybe a money tree will pop up in our backyard!)  
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Lisa A.
on 11/9/11 9:28 pm - Windsor, NY
I can't speak for everyone but my gastro doctor told me there was no reason I coudln't drink soda in moderation. Even after my surgery when I was so sick my doctor said I could sip on gingerale. I'm 1 1/2 years out now and I still have a little every now and then. Everything is in moderation... so don't be sad. I'm sure - someday you'll be able to have some if it agrees with you.

elixir
on 11/9/11 11:36 pm - MI
Regular or diet? My surgeon would think I was a fool if I told him I was drinking regular soda.

I am not like I was before. I thought that nothing would change me. ~Sinead O'Connor

Eli1979
on 11/9/11 9:35 pm
I am right there with you in the Crystal Light, I think it sucks!  The ONLY thing I like is sugar free Hawaiian Punch Lemon Berry Squeeze.  My local WalMart and Walgreen's carries it.  Good luck and I hope you find something you like.
yorkieGal
on 11/9/11 11:46 pm - Clermont, FL
Hey Hon,
I think you are smart to anticipate your taste buds changing.
I didnt drink soda at all for a while but then my surgeon said it was ok as long as it was sugar free and I could tolerate it..I first had it with tons of ice which takes the fizz out...now I drink it with ice all the time and its fine. I try and drink plenty of water, sf kool aid etc

things still taste very sweet to me at nearly 4 years out and I hope that doesnt change lol

Yorkie xx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!                

a_new_mii
on 11/10/11 7:31 am - AZ
 I'm not crazy about Crystal Light either.   I  DO DO DO like the Walmart brand (great value) sugar free sweet tea.  I can drink almost a gallon a day.  
Join us here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi ~~❁~Ginger~~~
The beginning of a whole new world.              
HW-445
   SW-417    CW-162  GW-175