Another question for you..

beth-28
on 11/9/11 2:08 am
I received some info from my surgeon's office with directions about the pre-op diet, various pre and post op dr. visits and so forth. One of these discusses the hospital with info about what time to be there, no eating and drinking after midnight the night before surgery...yadda, yadda, yadda.

It also mentions that the hospital may contact me and arraigned a pre-surgical visit with the anesthesiologist for diagnostic testing. What kind of diagnostic testing does the anesthesiologist do?

Thanks!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

Renfairewench
on 11/9/11 2:29 am
I had to go in for an ABG - Arterial Blood Gas.
Chest X-ray
EKG
and a comprehensive blood panel

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

J G.
on 11/9/11 4:09 am
My surgeon took care of all that.  I only had to talk to the anesthesiologist just before surgery.  I did however get a very long phone call from Admitting a couple days before surgery.  They ask a lot of questions about my allergy to latex and adhesives.
J J the Jet Plane
on 11/9/11 5:32 am
They had a check list for the anesthesiologist-- and everything above was mentioned plus
to see if you had or were being tested for sleep apnea.  That was a biggie with mine.
DianaRR
on 11/9/11 9:19 am - CA
The workday before my surgery they had me come in and spent over an hour going over my lab work and found one xray that was not good enough. I was able to get that done immediately. I think they are just talking about that kind of stuff.