Going UP!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/11 12:55 am, edited 11/10/11 12:15 am
I got on the scales this morning, and I have GAINED 18.2 pounds!

Undoubtedly, it's the snacking on dry Kashi cereal while studying that did it, even though it's not simple carbs that I'm eating!

I weight myself about twice a month, and this was a real shocker! My first weight *gain* since surgery!

I know what I have to do! Back to basics, and I'll do an extra shake in place of a meal. I never let go of my shakes due to protein malnutrition issues that I nipped in the bud!

My clothes still fit, though they did have some room in them, but I'll bet those white size 14P Bill Blass jeans I've been bragging about are obscenely tight right now!

Lesson: be honest with yourself, and don't let something like this freak you out! The stress factor has always been an issue with me and food.
Renfairewench
on 11/9/11 1:15 am
Jazz, this summer while I was baking, cooking and working at the renn faire I basically didn't give a **** what I ate. Finally got the courage to stand on the scale and saw that I gained *gasp* 25 pounds. Well those size 10 jeans I had didn't fit anymore and were so tight I could not even button them. I had to go buy size 14 jeans!  So back to low carbing. I am down to 165 now, when I am not bloated with PMS like i am now, but my size 10's fit again. I slid on my favorite pair of Liz Claiborne jeans this morning and prayed they would fit. They did.  Now, to lose another 15.  I haven't lost anything in weeks even though I have been super good about carbs and keeping them low and in check. I've all but given up bread, though a couple of times I have had a slice or an english muffin.  Sometimes you have to give in a little, but I do try to keep it balanced.  I'm trying to work in a protein drink at least once a day now too. I know that my protein is at minimum 100g, but some days I don't always eat as well as I should.  I'm not so much of a stress eater as I am a boredom eater. I'm trying to keep busy ya know?

Good job on getting back to basics. Your bum will be packing those 14P Bill Blass Jeans soon enough. You can do it. I know you can.

Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

newyorkbitch
on 11/9/11 1:17 am
Do not replace a meal with a shake.  Just get back to basics - protein first,  lots of fluid,  and limit your carbs.  Get some exercise. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 12:06 am

Yep...I've been slacking on the workouts, too, to make time for homework.

Got to make those gym appointments non-negotiable again!
Yehuda G.
on 11/9/11 1:30 am
I'm glad you're not freaking out too much, because 18# is an easy fix. Fix it now, and you wont have anything "big" to worry about. I gained 30 pounds, but that was just bounceback weight. I've low carbed and exercised 15 of it off already.
Bill I.
on 11/9/11 1:36 am - Ashton, IL
Maybe there's a timing factor contributing to the problem too.  My DS was only about a month after yours and I just recently added a few pounds also.  UGH!

One inch should not make such a big difference when trying to get certain pants buttoned.

Not sure how your weight loss has gone but my scale was pretty well frozen in place for 2 years ****il now).

I agree that it would be way easier for all of us to maintain and/or lose if stress weren't such a big factor!

Good luck!

highest weight 425lbs - surgery weight 400lbs - goal weight 199lbs
(deactivated member)
on 11/10/11 12:13 am
Yep, that's the same thing that happened to me!  I'd bounce around a little, maybe five pounds one way or another, but it wasn't anything to worry about.  Dependent on fluid intake, and I do love my lemonade!

I don't think our intestinal villi grow more dense as they do with RNY after a couple years, but I'm wondering, why not?  The body still senses less absorption.  Perhaps even if they do, it's of no consequence, since so much more of our small intestine is left out of the loop.
Renee2007
on 11/9/11 1:41 am - Central, FL
 Good thing to catch it now. Back to basics and another reason that for myself I weigh everday. I don't want to wake up to any huige surprise.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

mrsannie
on 11/9/11 9:30 pm

You just gave a slap of reality!  I know I have gained but have been too afraid to get on the scale.  I too have found a snack that I have been overendulging in.

OK back to basics for me too!  Or DS is pretty great, but not magic, I guess!

Thanks!

Nothing will change if you don't have the courage to change it!
      And stop calling me "Shirley!"    
yorkieGal
on 11/9/11 11:19 pm - Clermont, FL
Good for you Hon!
It's so easy to let it creep up on you but I'm so glad you caught it now.
I had a weight bounce back of about 7lbs that I constantly work on keeping at bay these days but I think thats an acceptable bounce...but I am determined not to let it become anymore and I weigh myself every saturday morning.

I think upping the protein, maybe do some walking or exercise DVDS, more water and snack on protein only...it'll come off !

Hugs

Yorkiexx

Had a band in 2005 at 280lbs, had band removed and DS done on Jan 22nd 08 at 220lbs in Spain, now 135lbs and a size 4!! Happy as a Clam!!Dontcha love the DS? It's the best tool around!!