gastric endoscopy

happydsr
on 11/8/11 10:34 am, edited 2/20/12 11:57 am
 Has anyone experienced a gastric Endoscopy (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy) post DS?

Or suggestions on what to raise with the  non-DS, surgeon who will be doing the procedure

pawmetto.on.cloud.

on 11/8/11 11:15 am
Hi,
I ended up having an upper endoscopy just 3 weeks after surgery just to check since I have having alot of nausea. There was not any problems, everything went smoothly. 
your plans of sharing the surgery report with the doctor will just make sure he knows what to expect when they go down for a peek

Hollydawn
on 11/8/11 11:28 am
Hi Happy,

I have had more Endoscopes than I care to count after my DS probably in the neighborhood of 30-40 due to complications. I had no issues after any of the endoscopies, I actually started looking forward to them because of the nice drug induced nap I got to take . Best of luck.

Holly 

J G.
on 11/8/11 1:42 pm
30-40  wow, Sorry.  why so many?
Hollydawn
on 11/9/11 10:56 am
HI Jenny, it was because of 2 years of serious complications but all is good now.
Holly 

Elizabeth N.
on 11/8/11 11:51 am - Burlington County, NJ
Just had that done a few weeks ago. Easy peasy. Good drugs. End of story. I told the gastro doc about the DS and he was all jazzed about it, understood my explanation immediately, looked it up on his own, and when I came into the exam suite he had pictures pulled up to show the nurse and assistant. He thought it was the coolest thing LOL.

J G.
on 11/8/11 1:45 pm

Happy, Yeah, it was a breeze.  Gastro said my duodenum looked nice!

- Jenny

Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/8/11 1:49 pm - Tuvalu

I've had one or two post-op.

AND..they have something "new"...several different "flavors" of enteroscopy that go into the stomach and back out the bottom and on into the small intestine.

My BIL--whose photo is next to the word "weird" in the dictionary--had one of those last month and they "found" the "PillCam" that he swallowed--and they ASSUMED he passed through the colon--last April.  Nope.  It got humng up way up high in the small intestine and there it sits.  they will go after it again in January.

Lots of ways to take photos these days.
happydsr
on 11/8/11 9:02 pm
Bonnie R.
on 11/9/11 11:04 am - Stratford, CT
 I had one and there were no issues at all.  Easy and man, I love those drugs they put you to sleep with--I was asleep for 10 minutes and it felt like hours!  Best sleep I have had in a long time!

I did discuss the DS with my doctor prior to the test and provided him with a print out from dsfacts.com so he could see a picture and not just read what was done.