Update with pics

keliblue
on 11/9/11 1:21 am - Georgetown, CA

Sorry I've been MIA but wanted to share the latest with you all..  I am 16 months out 225 to 114  I have had luck on my side and have had zero issues except  the hair loss at 4 months out.. have it all back now just a wee bit thinner.  Blood work keeps coming back good and was told by my doctor that I am the first patient ever that she has told that my cholesteral is to low and I should eat more fat    Some days I'm not very hungry (rarely) other days I eat like a freak'in linebacker..   Can eat just about anything except Flour tortilla's and white bread by themselves. If I have substantial protien with them the effects aren't as bad.  Taking a pro-biotic twice a day keeps the gas away....lol    If I miss a night or two.. WATCH OUT !!

I feel and eat normal.. DS is the best thing that ever happen to me and was sooooooo worth the fight.  At one point I remember ALMOST settling for the RNY.. Thank you God and THANK YOU my friend for keeping me on the sane path

FAITH..TRUST & PIXIE DUST.....

* Gail R *
on 11/9/11 1:47 am - SF Bay Area, CA
You were such a trooper when I visited right after your surgery. You even let us wheel you from your hospital room to the support group. I am so happy to hear what a success the DS has been for you. You look fantastic-healthy and happy!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

keliblue
on 11/9/11 2:49 am - Georgetown, CA
Look'in pretty hot yourself Gail !!   still planning on making a meeting again one of these days

provolisa
on 11/9/11 2:19 am - Provo, UT
You look really GREAT! I honestly wouldn't have suspected that you were the same person, if I had met you out there, looking so relaxed and healthy!

Here's to the Rest of Your Life!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel 

lwoznick
on 11/9/11 2:23 am - Green Bay, WI
Wow, you look absolutely fantastic! I hope I can be as successful as you long term. I ended up with a hybrid DS due to pouch problems that made getting the sleeve portion impossible. But my intestinal configuration is that of a DS'er. I'm losing much more slowly.....about 10 pounds a month. At the 8 week point and down about 23 pounds, which is somewhat disappointing, but not bad because I know I'm doing what I need to be doing and if it takes longer to lose it, well so be it. But I am very inspired by your success and really hope that long term I'll be just as successful. Can I ask if you had any plastics? You look so good...like you don't have a lot of excess skin. That's one thing that I'm really noticing now...everything is starting to hang and drape on me, especially in my abdominal region. You look like you've never been overweight a day in your life! Keep rocking that DS and keep sharing your inspiring photos and posts with newbies like me! I just love to read/view posts like yours because it helps keep me focused on the long term goals of this surgery. Thanks again for sharing!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

keliblue
on 11/9/11 2:48 am - Georgetown, CA
Lisa,

slow or fast, you will reach your goal before you know it   Thank you so much for the kind words.. I have not had plastics.. don't let the picture fool you, I do have some loose skin on my inner thighs and tummy.  I think because I had 100 or less pounds to loose, my skin didn't take the hit as hard.

keep rock'in your DS.. it's a BEAutiful thing..

kelli

Renfairewench
on 11/9/11 2:44 am

WOW!  YOU LOOK AMAZING!

I have so much loose skin on my stomach that I would never attempt a 2 piece bathing suit. I'm often self conscious about my jiggling thighs! 

Congratulations!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

ModestoK
on 11/9/11 3:11 am
You look fantastic! I envy how good you look in that 2 piece. That is one thing that will never be in my future unless I have lots of plastics done.
How long did it take you to reach goal?
Thanks for sharing.
keliblue
on 11/9/11 4:29 am - Georgetown, CA
On November 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM Pacific Time, ModestoK wrote:
You look fantastic! I envy how good you look in that 2 piece. That is one thing that will never be in my future unless I have lots of plastics done.
How long did it take you to reach goal?
Thanks for sharing.
It took me 10 months to reach goal then another 10 came off.. now it's 1 or 2 pounds now and then

galla1
on 11/9/11 5:05 am
You look FAB!! great job!

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!