3 years out- The good and the bad

mellysarah03
on 11/8/11 4:29 am, edited 11/8/11 4:54 am - Fort Myers, FL
 Hello Ladies and Gents!
   I have been MIA for a while but thats because I been busy living life. I klnow its cliche(sp). So for those of you that dont know (are new) and those that may have forgotten. I am Sarah I am 27 years old I started with a pre-op weight of 330lbs. I currently am about 175-180 I do boble depending on the time of the month.(The Good)
My last set of labs were about a year ago and a half ago (i know its to long) but at that time everything was fine.  I have had to fend for myself as well whenever I go to the doctor/hospital for anything as I cannot consult with my Surgeon, as he went missing for the longest and I guess now practices in canada? I dont know. The only reason I havent had them done is because I have not had a full time job (Insurance) in a year,  I am not just being negligent. (the bad). I have had my protein and Iron tested and those were good. Praying I get a full time job (with insurance). 
   Now for the long part. back to my weight, Like I said I started at 330lbs.  I had gotten down to 160 at one point and I have had some regain. I have also put on some muscle. Now the odd part is I am still considered over weight and yeah maybe I could stand to loose 5-10lbs but I dont know if I want to go back down to 160 w/o plastics (which are not in the cards) at my current weight I feel good, I look curvy and sexy, (not crazy about my clothing size but thats my own personal nonsense at still being built in such a way that im a 14) I am 5'6 and when I was 160 people were actually starting to ask me if I was sick as most people thought I was getting to skinny. (I will post pix at the end for those interested.) I do have A LOT of extra skin which I know is a huge contributing factor to my seemingly high weight. 
  Oh yeah and eating. I CAN eat quite a bit, I have streached the stomach but as I said my weight is stable for the most part and has been for 10months. I had my regain when I was on vacation in another country were the food was different and have just never really lost it. Nothing ever really made me sick. I can eat bread and pasta again, sometimes it makes me gassy sometimes it doesnt. The only thing I cannot handle to well is SODA still, diet or otherwise. Makes me bloated and icky feeling. Especially Mountain Dew (dont know why just does) 
Overall. I am very happy, i have been able to do things I never would have dreamed of while I was heavy! I do worry I will regain more but as of now it has not happened and I do still weigh myself several times a week. If I start to gain I watch my carbs for a day or two and I go down. By FAR the best thing I have done in my life was the DS. My ONLY regret? NOT DOING IT SOONER. I STILL LOVE MY DS!
And now for Pix:
Pre DS

at 160:

Now 175-180

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS

Renfairewench
on 11/8/11 6:11 am
Welcome back!  How dare you live your life, really, you are supposed to just sit in front of the computer and check in with us everyday! 

Ok, so when you get your insurance make sure you get those labs checked. I hope you are taking all your vits.  As for Dr. Gagner, yes he is now in Canada. I'm sure if you ask someone would have an email addy for him. Perhaps you could contact him and see what if anything he can do for you. 

As for weight bounce back, it happens, but you look as you say, sexy and curvaceous. In my opinion you look great! 

Blessings,
Maddie

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

twodelight
on 11/8/11 7:37 am - Atlanta, GA
You look really great, curves and all!!
gak
on 11/8/11 10:52 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 Congrats, 
You have done great.  I bet Dr Gagner would possibly send you an order for labs... here is where he is now. 

Please do check your labs ASAP

Michel Gagner, MD, FRCSC, FACS *
Email: [email protected]

Clinique Michel Gagner MD, Inc.
315 Place d'Youville, Suite 191
Montreal, QC H2Y 0A4

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

mellysarah03
on 11/8/11 11:20 am - Fort Myers, FL
 The order is actually not the problem. I have a standing order with my PCP. I just have no insurance so I cannot pay for the labs.

I used to make excuses why I cant Now I make reasons why I CAN!!
155LBS GONE FOREVER!! LIVING LIFE... I LOVE MY DS