Neurotic question

Its a Secret
on 11/7/11 2:47 am, edited 2/10/12 12:24 am
Comment removed because OH violated users privacy by posting pics and posts to FB without the users prior knowledge.

bldeck
on 11/7/11 2:59 am - Farmington, NM
Heat is your friend.  In other words wash in ho****er, and dry on high heat.

Betty

DS with Daryl Stewart 04/21/10 - SW 306lbs CW 140lbs

Plastic Surgery with Dr. Sauceda 11/06/12 - LBL, Thigh Lift, BL/BA, small Arm lift

Renfairewench
on 11/7/11 3:28 am
When I come home with clothes from any thrift store I come in through the back door which leads straight into the kitchen and I dump everything I have gotten into the dryer with a dryer sheet. Not only does this knock the thrift store smell down (like someones old attic), but the heat of the dryer kills any critters. I've never had a problem with bedbugs in thrift store clothes though.

Roaches are food driven creatures. Are you bringing home food from the thrift store? Also, just so you know it is possible to bring home roaches from the grocery store. They like the onions and potatoes and I'm super diligent about checking them before I bring them in the house.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 5:24 am - Bayonne, NJ
Bring your own bags to the thrift stores. Never put anything in paper bags, roaches and other critters eat the glue in paper.   I agree with Maddie, throw them in the dryer and kill anything that might be on there.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 12:11 pm, edited 11/7/11 10:30 pm
I am a thrift store junkie! I love buying a $150.00 pair of jeans for $5.00. I do what Maddie & Adele said, straight to the dryer. I wash them after that and then re-dry. I have never had a problem with any kind of bugs, ever. I also take my own bags, unless they use plastic, I use my own.
Its a Secret
on 11/7/11 12:25 pm, edited 2/10/12 12:24 am
Comment removed because OH violated users privacy by posting pics and posts to FB without the users prior knowledge.

Diane Davis
on 11/7/11 2:59 pm
Thank you for this post, things I never thought about.  I always wash everything I bring in, but never thought about drying first!

Wonderful advice!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!