Insurance advice/question - time is running short (Federal BCBS)

determineddanni
on 11/7/11 5:34 am

Thanks Galla :) I just called up Christine (insurance guru) at the surgeons office. She said she would give me a call tomarrow  to give me a person to contact at Fep BCBS and status of my pre-auth. She said as of now they are scanning in my load of records lol So I plan on Thursday giving them a call and checking. Then I will continue to give them a call every day till its done. I will try to be extra friendly, if I could I would bake them cookies or something but now days they would consider that bribeing lol Because cookies are dangerous bribeing tactics! haha Watch out pulling out the big guns with no bake cookies! Now I will for sure get covered. .... anways lol I will just use my extra personable talking skills. :)

galla1
on 11/7/11 5:44 am
lol.. Christine.. I can't remember if she helped me or the other one..I get confused!! they were all pretty good to me a couple personality clashes but nothing major.. yummy no bake cookies....you just had to mention my favorite didn't you!!!! I will pretend as though I never read that part!

SW 314-- CW 170-- GW 155   HT 5'7"  I love my DS !!
determineddanni
on 11/7/11 6:21 am
lol see what I am saying, no bake cookies have some real bribeing material
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 5:29 am - Bayonne, NJ
I had approval in under 2 weeks from Horizon BCBS NJ. I was approved on the 9th, but my company was changing to Cigna on Jan. 1, so I got rushed in, which was great. Approval came Dec. 9, I had surgery Dec. 21.
sdld2001
on 11/7/11 10:14 pm - Summerville, SC
I had my approval from Fed BCBS in 3 days. I would call them today and then if it's approved call your surgeon's insurance lady. I knew before she knew and she was able to go online to print out the approval

I was in your same position last year. Fed BCBS had a lot of changes go in effect Jan 1 (last year they didn't require a 6 month diet) so I had to rush to get my surgery before the end of the year. The insurance lady at my office as well as the insurance company said that if I waited until after January 1st, even if I received approval before the end of the year, that whatever insurance requirements were in effect at the time of surgery would prevail. So had I waited until after January 1st, I would have had to start over because their requirements changed.

They CAN change the requirements up until January 1st, but if their 2012 brochure has already been published, I would think the rules will stay the same. And with so many changes last year, I wouldn't think they would change again this year. Their requirements are pretty standard with other insurance companies now.
Mindee

HW - 274 / SW - 265 / CW - 178 / GW 140          High BMI 53.5 / Current BMI 34.8