Crystal light alternative...

prettypixels
on 11/7/11 1:21 am
 Just wanted to post this here for the folks who have a hard time with aspartame, of which I am one!  These 4c drinks use splenda instead and are yummy.  I like fruit punch and the red peach tea, my husband loves the half/half iced tea and lemonade.  They are usually in the tea and coffee section of the store, so that might be something to check if you don't see them in your regular "crystal light" section. 

http://www.4c.com/documents/products.html

Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Janet P.
on 11/7/11 2:07 am
so much better than crystal lite. Love love love the fruit punch and decaf ice tea, plus I get their Morning Orange, which I have every morning with my vites. In a pinch, Giant sells. I've actually been buying them on Amazon lately (cheaper than buying directly from 4c plus they're on Amazon prime, which means no shipping charges).

Actually just got a shipment this morning -- something like $13 for 3 boxes!

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Frankie
on 11/7/11 2:45 am - NY
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!  I drink crystal light but I hate the after taste.  I will definitely try these!

Frankie

Imissthe80s
on 11/7/11 3:28 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
I wonder about this sorta thing quite often, what sugar-free beverages my post-DS body will tolerate.  As a pre-op, I never drink sugar-free things, so I don't know much about them now.

Janet P.
on 11/7/11 3:52 am
I have always used sugar substitutes (even pre-op). Also, post-op things tend to taste sweeter. I prefer splenda but would like to try truvia (stevia). When I run out of my splenda I'll try that next.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Imissthe80s
on 11/7/11 6:39 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Thanks for your reply, Janet.  I'm curious about stevia as well.  I wonder if there are many drinks yet that are flavored with stevia, or stevia flavored powders and such.

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 9:41 pm - Woodbridge, VA
There are some all-natural protein powders sweetened with stevia (Jay Robb brand comes to mind), and there is a brand of soda called, I think, Zevia that is swetened with stevia and erythritol. Oh, and the Trop50 orange juice that has 50% less sugar/calories than regular orange juice is also sweetened with stevia. Not sure about Crystal Light type drink mixes, though.
Janet P.
on 11/7/11 11:08 pm
Jill - I've been looking for a natural drink alternative but haven't found one yet. I'm on a mission now to get rid of processed food (and boy is it hard). I'm really not interesting in protein  powders so I'll stick with the 4****il I find one. I've tried the Trop50 and its good, but I'm still now willing to give up that may carbs to something liquid. I have two 16 ounce glasses of the 4C orange every morning with my vites. I do have it occasionally when I create real OJ.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 2:36 am - Woodbridge, VA
I wasn't recommending any of the above - I was just responding to Des's question of if there were drinks out there sweetened with stevia.
provolisa
on 11/7/11 3:48 am - Provo, UT
I just bought a box of mixed sticks to try them. Thanks for the suggestion!

Lisa
               Recovering from the Duodenal Switch~
                HW - 495 / CW - 382 / GW - 175    Joanne B. is my Angel