Anyone know how to read a DEXA scan? w/pics

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 1:13 am, edited 11/7/11 1:52 am

I got my disc today with my DEXA scan, EKG, and chest x-ray on it.  These were run as pre-op baselines.  I'm assuming my bones are huge, but this is like reading greek..   If you have an easy way to understand then I'd love to know!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 6:49 am
Hmmmm...stumped everyone?  I'll cross post this to the main board.  Maybe someone there has some insight ;-)
MajorMom
on 11/7/11 6:59 am - VA
lol You stumped me for sure. Sorry

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 7:43 am
www.osteopenia3.com/dexascan.html

Someone there posted this link...very helpful!  Now to figure out what the other 2 columns mean. lol
Monique A.
on 11/7/11 8:15 am - NY
although its nice to have your images unless u r a radiologist most primary care docs wont be able to read that wither. I can not see your scores at all mb its my PC. but get a print out of your final report that will have a T score and a z score for each region and detail whether your your bone denisity is normal, osteopenic or osteoporotic range. Hope that helps.
(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 8:27 am
Those images have the T and Z score on them.  I didn't realize at first that they show up so small, but I can see them if I use the zoom on my browser.  They all look good to me based on that link.  Hope they stay that way!
gak
on 11/7/11 12:23 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
I tried to find your T scores and the Z score...I do not see those.  Are they on one of the pages ? It show the ranges somewhere, but it's so small.

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/11 12:33 pm
They are on the 2 pages without the picures.  I don't know how to make them bigger, but when I use the zoom feature on the browser then I can read them on here.  Sorry!
gak
on 11/8/11 5:05 am
Revision on 06/21/13
 I tried to zoom in to see the T scores and Z scores, but it blurrs the numbers so much I can't read them.    I do not see a summary page that usually comes with mine that gives an over T & Z score for the femur and AP spine.. Those are the two that are most important along with the overall BMD total score. 

On my summary page it usually gives a diagnosis as well... such as if osteo treatment is advised or not and compares it with others in my age range.   Sorry I am not more help. 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/11 6:02 am

ARGH!!  I tried to crop and zoom in one of the pages...here goes nothing!