I'm switched..

Julie B.
on 11/6/11 6:49 am - OH
I had my DS on the 31st, and honestly it's been a rough go. I had lots of pain issues. Dr. Maguire chose not to put those pain ball pumps in the incision area due to finding a mole that looked suspicious. He removed the mole and sent it to pathology. I'm not worried about it...hasnt changed in years for me etc.

I was in recovery for quite awhile, trying to get my pain under control....I got discharged yesterday finally. I'm still quite a bit of pain, i'm taking extra strength vicodin, and phenergan for the nausea i'm having.

I have ate pretty much nothing....sipping water...i am struggling with fluid intake. Thankfully i have a J-tube I will used to help suppliment for awhile.  

I feel like utter crap (to be expected after having major surgery I know) I catch myself thinking...WTF did i do.....I know this too shall pass.....just hard right now.

Just wanted to give an update

SW - 373 / CW - 179 / GW - 160

1Blessed4life
on 11/6/11 7:00 am
I pray you will begin to feel better, one day at a time... just try to get the fluids in & stay hydrated. After my surgery complications & readmittance into the hospital - I was also wondering 'what had I done!' I was having buyers remorse, and another DS patient was my angel when she told me to look at one day at a time & that when the whole week seems bad that eventually you'll have one good day, and then another, and then after time, you'll look back and say wow I had a good week! You'll get there, take care of you & one step at a time to a healthier lifestyle.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image 
 HW: 260 / SW: 254 / CW: 140 on 01/15/13 Orig GW: 150             ~Jeremiah 29:11  

beth-28
on 11/6/11 7:04 am
Swinging all 12 critters your way for a speedy recovery and that hopefully the roughest part is over!
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

NoMore B.
on 11/6/11 7:19 am
 I'm sorry you're still in pain.  It does get better in time so do your best to just focus on what you need to do to get through each day for now.  I didnt have a J Tube but I imagine it makes getting your fluids in so much easier.  Remember to focus on staying hydrated, walking to prevent blood clots, and getting your rest.  You will start feeling better in a few days.  

Hang in there.
teachmid
on 11/6/11 7:27 am - OKC, OK
Hang in there, Julie. It will get better. The J tube is your insurance against dehydration. Use It and also sip, sip, sip. I know it's easier said than done.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 11/6/11 11:01 am
Feel better soon! The first 4-6 months are really the hardest (and the first month is really the worst of it), but you'll get through it and the next thing you know you'll be 6 months out and wonder where the time went.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

HeatherLynn
on 11/6/11 11:33 am - TX
 I pray you get to feeling better soon. 
pktwatch
on 11/6/11 12:41 pm
Sorry that you are having these problems Julie B. Just remember that it will all be worth it in the end.

Switched 9/21/2011 By Dr. Inman
HW    368
SW    328
CW    180

GW 180 (or less to get to a normal BMI)

gak
on 11/6/11 1:17 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
Good to see you posting. I was thinking about you earlier today. Yes it will pass ... keep on walking and sipping and stay hydrated and welcome to the loser's bench ! 

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

orangecrushed
on 11/6/11 7:19 pm - Triad, NC
Congrats on being switched, but I'm sorry you're having a rough time!  Hopefully your pain will begin to subside soon!  Best wishes!!

Nic