OT: Does anyone else have an article of clothing...

NoMore B.
on 11/6/11 10:41 pm, edited 11/6/11 10:44 pm
You know, I had a very difficult time packing up my pre-DS clothes.  It had to be that I had so many emotions attached to them, because the clothes that I had for the in-between sizes on the way down the scale, I had no issues giving away whatsoever.

For me, the emotions were either all the anguish and frustration I had trying to find things in my size - or the opposite side of the spectrum - buying something and thinking that I looked great in it.  I always imagined that it would be a very happy day when I packed up my old clothes, but instead I had something akin to a panic attack.  It was a combination of the emotions I described, and also fear when I realized that I would reach a point where EVERY article of clothing I owned would have to go.  That included shoes, underwear, tights, bras, PJ's - everything.  I was feeling like I was losing my identity.

I kept one pair of capri pants.  Not because they were the most special to me, but because they were at the top of the bag when I realized I should hold on to something.  I look at them now, and they look like a tent.  I remember wearing them proudly, especially on a company trip one year to St Thomas.  I can remember what I wore with them and where I went, and the effort I put forth to look good surrounded by all the thin ladies also on the trip.  At the time I thought I was stylish, I look at them now and cringe a little bit.

For me, the emotions are definitely tied up in the pre-surgical wardrobe.  As I said, by contrast I had some beautifu clothes when I was on my loss track - some very nice size 12/14 suits and dresses that I bought when I was convinced I was going to stay a size 12 forever.  I loved those when I bought them, but passed them over to another DS'er without a second thought.  Go figure.
C. L.
on 11/7/11 12:39 am
I have a T-shirt that my guys put handprints on when they were 6, 8, and 12 yrs of age, they are now 17, 19 and 23.  I will never get rid of it even though when I wore it recently it was HUGE!   It just reminds me of a wonderful time, as well as where mine and my husband's hard work and dedication has brought us to.
KellyJTn
on 11/7/11 2:21 am - Oak Ridge, TN
I kept a couple of outfits from pre-op along with a nightgown, bra and panties, just to save. I like to see just how far I've come sometimes and I'll try them on :)    I also kept some t-shirts that I still sleep in, that are 4x, lol. They swallow me, but they are so comfy still! 

~Kelly ~   
SW 364/CW 164/GW 150             

challie
on 11/7/11 5:16 am
I have a kind of flashdance t-shirt that i thought was very sexy when I was in my twenties.  I always felt great when I wore it.  Over the years I gained way too much weight to wear it but could never bear to throw it away.  I still have it now, and although I am not yet at my goal, it is too big.  I missed the optimum weight to wear it again because I had no idea i was that small yet. I still can't throw it away. 

Challie

Opp2mystic1
on 11/7/11 9:49 am - Hokes Bluff, AL
In my before pic, in my siggy.  That Las Vegas shirt is now a sleep shirt, I could probably fit three of me in there.  I will always have it even if it gets to thin to wear I will put it up.  I am not keeping it just in case, I am keeping it to see how far I have come. 

Kym

mypictr_YouTube.jpg before/after avatar picture by Opp2mystic1          At goal for 4 years!

Diane Davis
on 11/7/11 3:49 pm
I'm keeping my preop picture outfit just to see the difference.  Like so many of the other's have said, I'm keeping several of my t-shirts to sleep in.

I just bagged up 6 bags of preop clothes and took them to the Goodwill this weekend.  It was hard getting rid of a few of the items.  There are a couple of items I have hung onto, just because I love the colors and style, and just because I can!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!