OT: Does anyone else have an article of clothing...

beth-28
on 11/6/11 6:05 am
...that no matter how much weight you lose, you just don't see yourself giving it or throwing it away?

I was just folding up a load of laundry, and for some reason I was looking at my sleep t-shirts. They are at just the perfect state of comfortableness (is that even a word??) from so many washings that even though they are raggity and will engulf me eventually, I will keep them.

I feel so "ahhhh" when I wear them.

So who here has some comfy item (socks, sleep shirts, sweat shirt or pants...) that you just have to keep?

Just curious...
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

BeagleMama
on 11/6/11 6:13 am
Yep - PJ pants are mine too!
Mom4Jazz
on 11/6/11 8:21 am, edited 11/6/11 8:21 am
I have a raggedy T-shirt of my late brothers. HIs death at 44 of obesity related heart disease was a huge trigger for me to have surgery. The shirt is a 2x - when I got it, it was too small, as I was far more obese than him (how scary is that?).

I lost a bit of weight pre-op and wore it for the first time ever the day before surgery even though it was skin tight. Now it's a big baggy thing - I'm a large on the top (huge bottom half). But I cannot imagine the cir****tances under which I'd stop wearing that shirt at times when I wish I could talk to my brother.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Emily F.
on 11/6/11 8:32 am
Nope, got rid of everything.
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 9:09 am - TX
 I've my night shirt my Angel Stormy bought me to wear for my surgery.  Still wear it.  

And Steve's red flannel penguin lounge pants.  I think they are from about 6 mos post surgery for him.  The penguins are cute and they are WARM  so I wear them.  
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 11/6/11 10:56 am
I have an old, ugly jacket made by my grandfather- but it's deceptively warm. I can't bear to get rid of it since I don't have anything else from him other than a WW2 pin.
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

MsBatt
on 11/6/11 11:24 am
I don't still wear it, but I'm keeping the outfit I wore to the hospital the day of surgery. I could re-cut it and make TWO outfits out of it, I suppose...(*grin*)
Janet P.
on 11/6/11 6:46 pm
I kept one shirt from my pre-op days. I remember the day I bought it I was in tears. I was going to a holiday party and spent hours shopping just to find something to fit. It was from the Avenue and a size 30/32. A year after my surgery (and 175 pounds later) I tried it on a cried again because it came to my knees and looked like a very large dress.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Kayla B.
on 11/6/11 7:28 pm - Austin, TX
I still wear my 2X Tshirts...I'm wearing one right now.  They are for bedtime and lounging though, not public.  I really hate feeling constricted so I still like my big tshirts. 

I have a pair of my old pants that I've been keeping, mostly cause I thought everyone kept one pair of something, but I don't really have any attachment to them and I'll probably eventually get rid of them when I need the drawer space.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Isaiahsgrammy
on 11/6/11 9:53 pm - SOMEWHERE IN..., KS
I still wear my flannel nite gowns that i wore when I was a 
size 34W  (size 16 now).  they are huge but comfy and warm...and I'm
single so no need for the fancy stuff right now...

Carolyn