One more reason to love hunting!

determineddanni
on 11/5/11 11:59 pm
I love to go hunting.  I have hunted grouse, deer, coyote, moose, elk, pheasant, mountain lion, bear, and soon to be wolf. I am born and raised in Montana, hunting is a BIG event. (another thing my weight has affected, i can't hike anymore)

Now hunting is also beneficial for the DS!! My husband and I live off of our game. We hardly eat beef because we usually stay stocked up on wild game. You can't get much healthier than venison. We are having smokey's, pepperoni sticks, jerky, steaks, summer sausage and hamburgers made up from our game. I am so excited that my main source is so plentiful in my state and that I won't have to spend much money (meat prices at the stores are just outrageous) to keep my fridge and freezer stocked with meat! In spring it will be stocked with fish! mmmm salmon and trout

One deer down and one to go.
newyorkbitch
on 11/6/11 12:20 am
I have no problem with hunting and I applaud you for killing your own food but please don't hunt any endangered species.
determineddanni
on 11/6/11 12:43 am
Actually wolf is not endangered in our state. We have so many that they are starting to  down the population of elk and deer. And have been spotted in towns now around schools. They also have been taking livestock and peoples pets. I know 4 people who have lost their dogs and cats to them as well, right in town. So they might be endangered where you might be but believe me when I say, that the reason there is a hunting season is because they are getting out of hand. We only do this when they get like this. Most seasons we do not have wolf hunting. if you want you can google is, I am sure they will have something on yellowstone park and the elk population dropping, not just a little .... a lot. Besides its illegal to hunt endangered species lol
Elizabeth N.
on 11/6/11 9:21 am - Burlington County, NJ
She will be hunting wolf quite legally. They are becoming a significant problem in parts of the West.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/6/11 12:34 am - Tuvalu

Visions of venison chili dancing in my head.
determineddanni
on 11/6/11 12:45 am
hehehe i love chili, dont' make my mouth water
inkedandsleeved
on 11/6/11 12:37 am
 i loooooooove all things venison.
and i think it's superaweseome that you and your DH are so in tuned with your food sources.
my mom's vegan (but raised us as happy carnivores) and my dad's from a family of farmers, and once i got out on my own and stopped cooking fresh and buying more stuff prepackaged my health took a turn for the worse. my health took an upswing when i tried to get back to those values again. Dad aaaaalllways had fish and game in the meatlocker. 
I won't hunt cuz i'd prolly accidentally pull a Dick Chaney on my hunting partner, but when i move i'm looking forward to participating in pigshares and freerange opportunities and going to butchershops when the season's in full swing.
determineddanni
on 11/6/11 12:50 am
Thanks inked! I love the Dick Chaney thing hahaha Yea probably safe for your hunting party if you didn't carry a gun:)

Experienceing both types of food sources makes you realize how much is in that pre-packed food.... its really scary. I completely agree like you said that when you go from fresh to ... mystery food, your body takes a toll. My parents owned two resturants and they always make food fresh. :)  mmmm now i am thinking about home made soup and freshly made burrito's .... mmm
determineddanni
on 11/6/11 12:51 am
oops i posted my thing wrong lol well its up above somewhere
Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 11/6/11 10:36 am
I've been dreaming of venison tenderloin crusted with five spice powder... I don't get to enjoy venison often, which is partly responsible for my desire to learn how to hunt.

Did anyone see the family guy poking fun at the Dick Cheney hunting accident? Here is a link just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsqL81Etxg
For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com