OT: Please indulge me..I love shopping now!

Renfairewench
on 11/5/11 10:44 pm
Thanks hon. Obviously I just ignored daughter and got the skirt anyway. I knew how I was going to wear it the minute I saw it.  She's almost 21 and of course has her own style.  I don't like a lot of what she wears (it's all too tight and she is a very rubensque girl), but I don't say much about it I just keep hoping that she will move on to something more fitting her body style.  I think part of shopping with me is that she is just getting used to the fact that I can wear clothes other than Lane Bryant stuff. My "look" is something akin to the movie "The Blindside" and what Sandra Bullock wore in that movie. I like preppy, yet conservative. I'm not much of a trend wearer when it comes to clothes, but occasionally I come up with something cute.

As for the shirt, I think you have a great idea. I have several camies that would work, one that is even close to the color of the shirt.  And I am like you. I like the shirt better out than in, but I would wear it in if I paired it with a blazer. I'm pretty sure I have one that would work.

The black dress has become my go to dress when I need a "black" dress. I've worn it to weddings, funerals, and parties. I love the 50's retro feel of it and the fact that it is all gored and A-lined shaped. It glides over my curves.  The maroon dress is new for me. The snugness of it. Hubby really liked it. I will likely get a pair of gold or silver shoes/sandals to go with it assuming I can find something I like. Otherwise I'll find a pair of shoes in my collection and just go with that.

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 11:37 pm
Awesome outfits!  You look wonderful!  My vote for the holiday party is the last outfit witht he skirt...it looks FABULOUS!  I like it with the boots
Renfairewench
on 11/5/11 11:48 pm
Oh, you are so sweet!  The holiday party is more dress up though. Like people wear sparkley things. 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

Shavonne P.
on 11/6/11 12:05 am
Wow you made out great!!  I love, love, love those gray bell slacks.  I've always liked them like that.

There is a thrift store here called Closet Mentor that sells clothes second hand, or new that people bring in.  I went a few times before surgery to get summer clothes.  I need to go again now to get work clothes.  I am very hippy, and butty so that's always my challenge.  But it's nice to be able to go into almost any store and fit a L or XL misses shirt  :)
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
NoMore B.
on 11/6/11 12:25 am
 And where is this Closet Mentor?  We might need a girls day out.
Shavonne P.
on 11/6/11 5:20 am
It's on Central Ave in Albany by Mooradian's.  Right behind that Friendly's. I'm not sure if you have heard of Plato's Closet. Same owner.  Plato's Closet is more for teens/juniors, Closet Mentor is more for misses/women.  We should definitely go some day. They have clothes, shoes, hats, purses, coats, scarves, even jewelry.
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
NoMore B.
on 11/6/11 5:45 am
 Oh yeah, I know right where you mean.  Carmine's restaurant used to be there, now it's Grappa '72 I think.  

Kenya should be needing some new clothes soon.  We can do a lunch and little shopping trip!
Shavonne P.
on 11/6/11 6:02 am
Yes that's exactly where it is.  I think I am ready for a little H&M for some tops as well  :0)
Heather E.
on 11/6/11 12:51 am
Girl, you got some awesome deals!  I sure wish I could find stuff like that at thrift stores near me...alas, I am stuck in the boonies and have no such luck!!

I absolutely love the purplish dress that your hubby loves too.  I definitely think you should wear that one to the party.  Also like the black and white shirt a lot, I don't think it looks "too old" at all.  And the plaid skirt looks great with the boots.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

inkedandsleeved
on 11/6/11 1:47 am
 wow, you have a really stunning hourglass figure!