OT: Please indulge me..I love shopping now!

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 4:24 pm - MN
DS on 03/13/12
OMG its all sooo cute and I love that skirt with the boots very sexy. Oh I cant wait till I can go shopping like that my hubby is going to kill me LOl
Renfairewench
on 11/5/11 9:28 pm
Seriously, find yourself a couple of great thrift stores (not like GoodWill) that cater to the 30+ set and carry brands like Talbots, Ann Taylor, LeSuit, Jones NY, Evan Piccone, Liz Claiborne and more. See, that is the thing I love about this thrift store. The clothes are so gently used and are brands that fit me well and look really nice. Many times I have come across clothes that still have the retail tags on them. The black pair of pants I had on were marked $89.99 ON SALE! I paid $5! 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

allraindrops
on 11/5/11 5:36 pm
Yay! You have a fabulous backside!!! There IS some hope for those of us who are already mourning the loss of our badunkadunks pre-op! You look fabulous in all the clothes, definitely the maroon dress for the party...
Renfairewench
on 11/5/11 9:49 pm
Thank you!

My butt and thighs have always been problematic for me when it comes to pants. Seems like the waist fits, but the hip / butt area is too snug and for the most part pant legs seemed to always hug my thighs. It's one of those things that make me just say I have to deal with it.

Unless I can find another dress more cheaply I think that the marroon dress is the winner.

GW 150

lwoznick
on 11/5/11 8:44 pm - Green Bay, WI
Wow, you really did find some great deals! I think both dresses look great on you but the wine colored one does hug your curves moreso than the black one. I'd wear whichever one you feel most comfortable in to the party. I love, love, love your black boots! Just got myself some new, black boots this weekend too....but they're mid-calf length. I'm looking at some brown riding boots that are taller like yours for a different look too. Isn't it fun shopping! I still have quite a ways to go to get to goal but the scale is finally going in the right direction and I can't wait to be able to shop for clothes like you and the other vets. Congratulations on your finds!

Warmest wishes,

Lisa

HW 293, SW 282, LW (Post RNY) 202, SW Pre-DS 242, CW 219 GW 140
Julie from Ludington, MI is my Angel!

teachmid
on 11/5/11 10:18 pm - OKC, OK
Maddie,
I want to go shopping with you. . Great finds and you look great in everything. I need to find something other than Goodwill.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Renfairewench
on 11/5/11 10:31 pm
This place is called "My Sister's Closet" but not to be confused with the consignement store. This place is run by a christian organization.  The URL is http://shopmysisterscloset.com/Home/tabid/515/Default.aspx.  Maybe you will be able to find one in your location.

If you live in NJ or PA I would love to go shopping with you. I'm always up for a day of thrift store and regular shopping.

GW 150

teachmid
on 11/5/11 11:06 pm - OKC, OK
Wish I could.....unfortunately I'm in Oklahoma. I'm going to check around here and see what I can find.

I feel overwhelmed with the choices when I go into a "regular" store and still feel like I don't belong. (chuckle).
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Renfairewench
on 11/5/11 11:45 pm
Oh, I get "feeling overwhelmed."  It happens to me all the time. If a store has too many choices or outfits are not paired up so I can see what or how to wear it I will walk out. I went to a store last year called Burlington Coat Factory. They have coats and clothes and all sorts of stuff. I had gone to find a coat. WELL, they had SO MANY coats I simply became frozen. I just could not deal with it so we left. I ended up buying my coat at Old Navy. Why?  Because they had 8 styles and that was it. I was able to pick out a coat, at a fairly decent price and move on.

Stores that are messy will overwhelm me too. Like Marshalls.  My issue with Good Will is that while the clothes are OK, they have them sorted by style and color. It takes way too much time for me to try to find something, especially in my size!

GW 150

NoMore B.
on 11/5/11 10:23 pm
 Wow Maddie, you really made out!

If you're not comfortable with the button down shirt, one thing you could do is buy one of those stretchy cami's to wear underneath it, and leave a few buttons across your boobs undone.

I think I like it out better, if you're not wearing a jacket, and in if you are.  You can also wear a cardigan sweater with the pants and top, mix and match and extend the life of things.

I disagree with your daughter - the plaid skirt and tights look really cute.  I wear something similar and an 47 so I hope she's not right :).  I really like it with the boots, too.  

Both dresses for the party are nice, they're just meant to fit differently.  The full skirt on the black one is super flattering to your shape, and the red one hugs your curves.  I dont think you can go wrong either way.