OT--More "Thank God for Mississippi"

inkedandsleeved
on 11/6/11 12:19 am
The most atrocious thing about this is that not only does it make enforcing criminalization of a woman's right to choose EASY... but also

- it allows for all miscarriages to be open to criminalization investigations (what the actual FFFFFFFF, right?). 
- a woman is assaulted and gets pregnant as a result will be forced to also carry this child against her will. yep, that's right. they actively did NOT put a clause in for rape or incest. oh, and it's not like they just "forgot to" either, they're pretty vocal about the fact that they're not gonna put that in there.

- will make it illegal to medically terminate the mother's life will be at stake if she carries a child. my dad's side of the family has had 3 ectopic pregnancies that had to be surgically treated. that would have made that ILLEGAL with this law.
- will make it hard for gynocologists and obstetricians to do their actual job for fear of getting sued no matter what they do.

Fun facts abot Mississippi:
- lowest birth weight for babies in all of the US
- highest child death rate in all of the US
- third hightest infant death rate in the US
- 4th highest in forcible rape in the US
- third highest teen birth rate in the US
- highest death rate of any other state
- 2nd highest of population in jail or prison (clearly they want to add to this)
for a state with the lowest birth weights for babies of ALL the states, mississippi should focus more on its actual healthcare of born babies and children.

They don't even friggin have a law enforcement system for domestic violence! ther's like only 2 other states that don't. 
the whole thing boils my blood.

OH BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! they made sure to put in some help in there for In Vitro Fertilization because it's common for fertilized eggs to be thrown out with ivf procedures, so they're making a special clause for THAT. because apparently IVF fertalized eggs are TOTALLY DIFFERENT than any other fertilized eggs. *facepalm*
but not rape 
not incest
or miscarriage
or a woman's parts just not working right

the ppl behind this legislation are basically bloodthirsty and self-serving and know EXACTLY what the repercussions of this are and don't give a flying rat's behind, as long as they get their political objective across. 

i'm from 'Bama, a state with its fair share of past political halarities, but even we have always been in shock and awe at their political negligence.

clearly i'm very passionate about this issue, lol.

Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/6/11 12:28 am - Tuvalu

Been to 'Bama...I'm a Ft. McClellan girl...dearest friend is from a place that no longer exists outside of Northport outside of Tuscaloosa. 

My first trip through MS was almost 50 years ago.  The restaurant had placemats that said something like, "Welcome, travelers, but please keep your opinions to yourselves.  This is Biloxi and we do things here our way."  Whoa.

So, not being one to keep my opinion to myself...I've not been back.  Ain't going there...not spending DIME ONE of my money in MS.  They can get financial support from their like-minded friends.  (But then, some people thought I was a bit extreme when I planned a five-week trip through fifteen states, avoiding Red States or at least plotting our course through Blue counties in Red States.)

Imissthe80s
on 11/8/11 4:33 am - Louisville, KY
DS on 02/27/12
Sigh. I'm guessing, you went around My Old Kentucky Home.  Well, just so you know this is a beautiful state with many natural beauties to offer, you just have to ignore the knuckle heads.  I guess we'll see if those knuckle heads chose to assert their knuckle headed-ness and come out and vote for governor today.  Sigh.

Wenda C.
on 11/8/11 3:39 am - Combine, TX
You are not alone, believe me.  I lived in Mobile, Alabama for quite a few years and worked in a children's and women's hospital.  Oh, the things I saw, from both sides of the state line mind you.  I concur.

Oh, and a hearty Roll Tide  to you ma'am.

Wenda
HW/DOS/Now
300+/273/156
Lap DS  2/3/03
Open Leak Repair  12/5/03