Anyone revised from sleeve to DS?

NoMore B.
on 11/6/11 11:40 am
 Vonette,
Your reply was sincere and gracious.  She's just not wanting to hear what everyone is trying to tell her.  Even in those cases, I beleive it's still important to say what needs to be said in posts, in the hope that even if it falls on deaf ears with the OP, that it might help someone else who happens to pull up the thread in their research.
tee4change
on 11/6/11 12:36 pm - NY

YOWZA!
LOL.........LOL...FUUUNNY!

NoMore B.
on 11/6/11 11:36 am
 Sally,
You are the one who is actually attacking people here who are trying to help you.  People on the revision board were asking you about the stats on your doctor to try to make you  see that he doesn't do the DS.  It was a nice way of helping you research without us having to tell you that you're being foolish.  I guess we're past that point now, though.

And while there might not be a good way to determine if the surgeon you chose is the "best", because that can be subjective - there are most definitely ways to research your surgeon's expereince and outcomes.  
Chad M.
on 11/6/11 11:43 am - Indianapolis, IN
Well, you've done a great job with your decisions up to this point, so I'd say that you are absolutely right that you don't need to listen to anyone else for round three. Keep on keepin' on!
butercup
on 11/7/11 1:12 am - Kennewick, WA
I was totally thinking the same thing.  Great track record for choosing the right things for yourself so far lady. lol
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 1:34 pm
On November 6, 2011 at 7:03 PM Pacific Time, sally J. wrote:
Sexyvt123, you are correct it is my decision. And of course I am FULLY AWARE this is my 3rd time being cut. But when people come at you asking for stats on docs you are considering checking out, they are the ones that need to stop. You say I don't have to listen to you and pick the best. None of us knows for sure if who we pick is the best. None of us knows if tommorrow maybe our last day period. Of course I am not settling for anyone! Which is why one must research on their on, not just what people HERE SAY!  The Lapband isn't for everyone and it did't work. It's a 50/50 thing. I had a hernia type issue. Sleeve only gave me restriction and nothing else. Dr. David Kim did both. Great doctor. But results not great. Yes I am defensive, because of people like you. You say you wish me good luck, but at the same time you talk down to me as if I am baby born a minute ago. You try to use scare tactics to FORCE someone choose a certain doctor and isn't right. Too much double talk in your post.

>>> Don't make a 3rd mistake because this is your life your playing with. You will be getting cut for the third time and god knows what type of scar tissue you have or damage you have inside. I wish you nothing but luck.
I think you would be better off looking for a psychologist rather than a DS surgeon.

YOU come here and ask for info, you get info and then you decide you know everything and don't really want any info unless it agrees with your preconceived notions. Geez

You have failed the DS IQ test..

I agree, you should go with Dr. Provost..

Elizabeth N.
on 11/6/11 7:33 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Third surgery? Someone has research problems, at best.

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 10:49 am
There are only two surgeons who do DS in the DFW area routinely:  Daryl Stewart, M.D. and Wade Barker, M.D.  

Dr. Provost is a well-known, well-respected bariatric surgeon but the majority of his surgeries are Lap band, RNY, and pouch revisions.  He is neither a major proponent of DS nor a DS surgeon.      
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/6/11 10:51 am - Tuvalu
On November 6, 2011 at 6:49 PM Pacific Time, slim_shady wrote:
There are only two surgeons who do DS in the DFW area routinely:  Daryl Stewart, M.D. and Wade Barker, M.D.  

Dr. Provost is a well-known, well-respected bariatric surgeon but the majority of his surgeries are Lap band, RNY, and pouch revisions.  He is neither a major proponent of DS nor a DS surgeon.      

I think you'll need to spell "proponent" for her.  And probably "DS," too.

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 1:30 pm - San Jose, CA
Well, you ****** up your introduction to asking us for help.  At this point, your best bets would be to either apologize profusely for being an asshole, or deactivate and come back under a different name and try again.

And do yourself a favor - leave out the god ****  Doesn't impress us at all.  We're about facts here - if you want divine intervention, just stick with what you've got and pray yourself thin.