Anyone revised from sleeve to DS?

Renee2007
on 11/6/11 10:10 am - Central, FL
 WOW! If there was anyone that was the opposite of HATER, it would be YOU! Shaking my head! I am never ceased to be amazed!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

larra
on 11/6/11 11:40 pm - bay area, CA
You have set your standards for office staff too low. Personally, I would insist on golden retrievers.

Larra
Ms. Cal Culator
on 11/6/11 10:49 am - Tuvalu
On November 6, 2011 at 5:22 PM Pacific Time, sally J. wrote:
You replied on the Texas site already. You have looked at his website. You can contact Dr. Provost directly for his stats.This the info for DSfacts.com:

The docs listed on Ds.com are compiled by someone named Melanie. Below is a list of North American Duodenal Switch surgeons. Firstly, a shout out to Melanie M. at duodenalswitch.com for creating the original DS Surgeon List.

This list of surgeons should be a starting point, not an ending point, it is provided for informational purposes only; it is your responsibility to research your surgeons credentials, the hospital conditions and complication rates, etc. Never be afraid to ask your surgeon about his/her complication and mortality rates; any reputable surgeon will be happy to discuss those statistics with you.

Raggamuffin,
I am not here to fight with you or debate with you. Or who is right or wrong. I may go with Stewart or Barker. The choice is mine. Thats the thing I hate about Obesity help. Some people like you all of sudden become experts cause they lost a little weight and be all closed minded. NONE OF US KNOW EVERYTHING PERIOD! NOT Even my sister 15 years out and keeping 100+ pds off Rny who is an MSN RN. WE are all LEARNING and CHANGING ALL THE TIME. At least I am. You may reply back and say where is all this coming from? Well read your reply. Instead of sharing with me your story of why Dr. Stewart was good for you,how much you lost, your struggles and how the staff was etc etc. You do the BullSh*t. challenge of needing stats etc! Thats really helpful!  It's been a couple years since I posted. "I can do anything you can do better type attitude" doesn't help from the haters. Gotta go and enjoy the rest of my Sunday.

You have just flunked the DS IQ test. 

You need an OA or WW meeting.

Blank Out
on 11/6/11 7:55 pm, edited 11/7/11 2:03 am
 You know what?  You are getting the best info on this board.  If you come here for help and info, you will get it!  The folks here have the wisdom of experience and life with the DS.  If we tell you to consider one surgeon and not another, you should be wise and heed that.  There is wisdom in the council of many.   If your mind is made up before you ever got here, then what's the point?  Many of us have been around here for awhile and have seen the results of different surgeons.  That wisdom is very valuable.

And FYI,  if you live in Texas, Daryl Stewart is the best choice for a DS surgeon in your area.  You want the best, and we are trying to steer you that way.  Time and again we see people come here, ask for advice, do what they want, and then come back after their surgery,( or not, some die),  and are not doing very well.  You know why?  Because their mind was already made up, and they were too full of themselves to heed the wisdom and council that was here for them...  I hope you can see that.  I wish you the very best in your decision making.  

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Elizabeth N.
on 11/6/11 7:58 pm - Burlington County, NJ
She doesn't want the best. She wants to be told she's right, and she wants to talk religion.

teachmid
on 11/6/11 3:48 am, edited 11/6/11 3:53 am - OKC, OK
Sally,

I would highly encourage you to get a consult with Dr. Stewart.

I just looked at Dr. Provost's site and nothing is mentioned about the DS. While he may be an excellent Bariatric (RNY or Band) surgeon, that does not make him a DS surgeon.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

1Blessed4life
on 11/6/11 6:10 am
My friend just had the DS on Tues by Dr. Carter at Madigan Army Medical Center after having the sleeve a few years back in TX. She just went home from the hosp & is doing well.

View Full Size ImageView Full Size ImageView Full Size Image 
 HW: 260 / SW: 254 / CW: 140 on 01/15/13 Orig GW: 150             ~Jeremiah 29:11  

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 9:25 am
Thanks for the reply. I hope and pray that she has a speedy recovery and much success! Jerm. 29:11 is one of my favorite verses. Much favor to you! Please keep me in your prayers this week as I call these places to setup appts. And stay positive and optimistic. Have good week!
Sexyvt123
on 11/6/11 10:21 am
Sally

I read both of your post on revision and DS forum and it seems to me like your really on the defense on both forums.  At the end of the day its your decision but remember this is your third surgery and I would pray that this is your last.  Instead of being defensive I think you should listen and really do your research.  Its clear that you were not successful with your first 2 surgeries with the surgeons you picked.  How about picking the BEST surgeon this time so you can get the BEST results you truly want.  You don't have to listen to me but I pray you listen to the vets and pick the best.  Please don't settle for just anyone.  When I did my revision I made sure I picked the best in my area and so far its the best decision I made.  Don't make a 3rd mistake because this is your life your playing with.  You will be getting cut for the third time and god knows what type of scar tissue you have or damage you have inside.  I wish you nothing but luck. 

NoMore B.
on 11/6/11 10:38 am
 *Like*