Why Do I Love The DS Forum???

SirSamAlot
on 11/5/11 1:16 pm - Ellenwood, GA
 I've been MIA on this forum for awhile, mainly because I'm not that help with problems and I do have school to deal with, but I have been catching up lately on here. So it seems like since the summer, people getting the DS has increased and the vets and regulars have been hard at work. Many new people have came wondering about the DS and should they get it or the VSG and I love how you guys tell the truth, but in a kind manner. You don't keep anything back from others. You tell people that they must be committed to vits, low carbs, push fluids, and don't overwork yourself because it seems like you haven't gotten anywhere. It seems the DS is more of a neccesity rather than a want. It is one of many final options to chose when you have tried everything in the book of mankind to get healthy in a heealthy way. You tell the future WLSers that are choosing between the DS and VSG to have the VSG if they are not totally sure about their intestines being reworked and if and when they are they can get that part done. Also you guys support those that have gone threw great loss. On here everyone seems like they are part of a big family, even when they are new. You care about people, something all people should do in their life, in my opinion. You guys dedicate a part of your day to help others, which could possibly save a life. You guys are the guardian angels of many, but they may not know now or ever. You guys are great and I apperciate all you guys do. I hope be a vet on here whenever I get the DS, if I do because maybe a new technique will be avaliable. Though seems like I'm rambling because my thoughts are all jumbled, all I want you to know is keep up the good work and stay our pre-surgerers' guardian angels!!!  

Samuel E. 
5'10
300 to 310lbs
A teenager seeking the VSG.

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 1:53 pm - San Jose, CA
So, did you ever talk to your mom about your desire to have bariatric surgery?
SirSamAlot
on 11/5/11 8:39 pm - Ellenwood, GA
Yes I have and she said I'm to young and need to wait until I'm atleast 18 and need to decide before 26 because that is how old I can stay on her insurance before having to get my own.

Samuel E. 
5'10
300 to 310lbs

Fo' Shizzle My Sizzle
on 11/5/11 2:02 pm
Hi Sam,

Good to see you checking in! I hope school and everything else is going well.

For great WLS info join me here weightlosssurgery.proboards.com and here www.dsfacts.com

beth-28
on 11/5/11 2:36 pm
Hi Sam! Good to see you. How is school going?
When push comes to shove....shove hard!

Never regret anything, because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.

SirSamAlot
on 11/5/11 8:43 pm - Ellenwood, GA
Good besides having to do 2 projects and I'm taking 2 AP classes. I have had homework everyday since August. Just waiting until the 18th to go on break s just relax.

Samuel E. 
5'10
300 to 310lbs

inkedandsleeved
on 11/6/11 12:57 am
I'm new to this forum too Sam and it's been invaluable to me and your words were so on point.
Keep rockin at school. 2AP classes is great! Looks like you'll have your bachelor's before you're even out of HS. lol.
SirSamAlot
on 11/6/11 1:08 am - Ellenwood, GA
 Thank you! I do have the option next year to do dual enrollment and get my associate and high school diploma when I walk across the stage, but my AP teacher (she teaches me both APGovernment Politics and Human Geography) told me a story that a girl did it in her junior and senior year and when she graduated she couldn't get the Gates Millineum (which I'm hoping to get since our school gets the most in the county with atleast 4) and any other scholarship because she wasn't really a college freshman since she took so many college classes and is in actually a sophmore/junior in college.

Samuel E. 
5'10
300 to 310lbs

zuzupetals2u2
on 11/6/11 4:48 am - Sedona, AZ
Sam you are wise beyond your years! To hear a young person like you express gratitude and appreciation for things is just so delightful and if you keep that up you are going to be very successful in many ways in your life. I am happy to see you are still investigating the DS but take care of your priorities too and that you have the patience to wait. Keep coming back & learning!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

SirSamAlot
on 11/7/11 7:28 am - Ellenwood, GA
 Thank you very much! People always tell me I'm very mature for my age.