OT: Going to a wedding and I have no fat clothes to wear

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 4:42 am
 All my clothes are sizes 6 to 12, and I'm in a size 22.

This sucks. 

I used to have beautiful fat clothes, but when I lost all my weight, I gave them to a sorta, kinda friend of mine. I honestly didn't think I'd need them anymore. Sometimes I think that if I had kept my fat clothes, I'd probably have stayed thin. :P

So this friend offered to return some clothes that she doesn't use. Great! But there's a problem, she has ****roaches. And I don't want to go in that direction. So I think I'll stick with my one ugly dress, two pairs of jeans, and three ugly shirts. 

How I wish I were on the dark side!

Lynda
Karen M.
on 11/5/11 5:04 am, edited 11/5/11 5:04 am - Mississauga, Canada
Check your local thrift shop - I recently got 4 pairs of dress pants for work (all name brand), an Anne Klein skirt, a wool winter pea jacket, a long real leather coat, a pair of Tommy jeans, a gorgeous wool cardigan.. all for $125.  And that's Canadian $. LOL  Take a look! 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/11 6:10 am
 Thaz my plan. :D
inkedandsleeved
on 11/6/11 1:52 am
 I'm in the same boat :(

Skinny clothes will be ours again soon. Hang in there hon!
zuzupetals2u2
on 11/6/11 4:51 am - Sedona, AZ
Julie R was searching for months for a mother of the bride dress to wear to her son's wedding and being that I love fashion I was sending her lots of pics. After all was said & done she found a fantastic dress in T J MAXX for $20 that was as nice as any of the more pricey ones I sent her. Check them out!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/11 5:42 pm - Markham, Canada
Ick! Roaches!  Yeah... I don't blame you for not wanting those clothes back!  

I don't mean to sound unhelpful, but you're lucky you're just a size 22, as that size is much more readily available than the larger sizes.  I am currently a size 28 and I recall clothing shopping being easier at size 22. 

I would HIGHLY recommend searching Ebay.  There are lots of great deals on used and new plus size dresses! 

If you want flattering, higher-than-average quality plus size dresses, go to www.igigi.com.  I have ordered from there several times and the cuts are very flattering and the fabrics and construction of the pieces FEEL of quality.

For lots of fun, trendy plus size dresses, check out www.torrid.com.  I've ordered from there as well and love their stuff!

Good luck!

mel1964
on 11/7/11 12:02 am
TJMAXX and nordstroms online!!!! donna ricco.com and calvin klein.com also have great plus size clothes at great prices and sales!