APPROVED!!!

honeybadger 11
on 11/5/11 5:36 am - FL
YAY CASEY! i was actually wondering about you the other day:) 

Yes I totally FREAKED OUT when i found out i was approved. BUT for me as i continue in my fat cage i realized how restricted i was. Cant sit outside at restaurant because the small seats have arms, cant find a new shirt because i can only shop in a few stores. I actually started making a mental note of all my "last times that will happen."

Then you realize you need this!

You are gonna do great and even tho they dont have more than 20 yrs of data i know that my next 20 yrs will be SO much better and more enjoyable!

Im so excited for you!

PS it still doesnt seem real to me and i still keep telling my self..I cant believe im doing this!

~Jennifer
Revision to DS 11/9/11                                  LapBand 12/2006
SW  321/ CW 248/ GW 185                           SW 330/ HW 348/ LW 300
Join me here: http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com

prettypixels
on 11/5/11 10:08 am
 There are lots of ways around the giant pills, I don't think you are the only one with that problem.  Congratulations!!!!!  How exciting!  I wish I'd had this surgery when I was 23 instead of 37!  

You're going to do great! 
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

scoob
on 11/5/11 10:26 am - Somerset, KY
YAY for you!!

Life after the DS totally becomes a routine, just like before surgery, only better. It's a learning thing. Just don't push your body too hard. Focus on fluids for the first weeks to month. Start adding in what protein you can get, 30 by 30, 60 by 60, 90 by 90. Add in vites slowly. No one says you gotta take the entire starting plan right outta the gate. You'll adjust. Remeber, slow and steady wins the race.

Everyone says, hold on you're in for the ride of your life. That is true to an extent. I have found it to be more of a journey. LIfe is different now. In a VERY good way. I am 33 years old. I am happier and healthier then I have EVER been in my ENTIRE life. Popping a few pills, and there are chewables out there for about everything. Eating protein, yum BTW! Listening to your body so there is no bathroom/smell issues. It's not a hard thing to do. And it is sooooooooooooooo worth it. Wish I had known about this surgery at your age.

Today I went to the park with my kids and step granddaughter. I didn't sit on the bench anymore. I was up on the equitment, LIVING!!

I totally understand your fears. I think we all do to some extent. Just stay on these boards. If you have local DSers, meet up with them. LISTEN to the vets. Your world is about to change in ways you can't even imagine and I am thrilled for you! Good luck sweetie. Stick around, we're here for ya! HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"