Shrink wrapped in London a pictorial tour!

kirmy
on 11/3/11 7:38 am, edited 11/3/11 7:43 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
London is ******g expensive...just so you know. 
I'm here for Kingy who had her DS on the 31st an breezed through.  She is making an amazing recovery and should be discharged from Kings tomorrow. 

I took total advantage of my proximity to the big smoke to catch up with some of the forum folks on this side of the pond.  Here is the delightful Angela on my right and my mate from Mallaig Jacqueline. We had the best lamb chops and french cured meats. My belly skin escaped my waist band I was so full.

I also got to spend time with one of most favorite people from OH PekingSal who pointed me to Dr Patel in the first place.  She is hysterical and had me chortling the entire time.  I love her to bits.  If you read this Sally...you're awesome!!!  We are in the Huntarian saying hello to the Elephant Man's head. 

I had my not-quite-two-years check up with Mr Patel who said "Ok stop losing weight now this is enough"!!! I fished the block of crunchie chocolate out of my bag and took another bite out of it and wondered how many more calories I could eat in a day before I ended up with a jaw like a horse.  I must have a tape worm.

Prior to being admitted to hospital I ran poor Kingy into the ground hitting every museum I could.  My favorite was the London museum and Victoria and Albert museum.  Here are a few happy snaps and some of my precious Kingy and me.

After spending three days in Kingy's hospital room I went for a walk in the park next to the hospital and was utterly relieved to find a green place of quiet amongst the chaos.  This little fella came along for a walk leaping and sprackling around my feet.

After a fraught couple of nights fretting over my dear friend Kingy I took the tube into Oxford street looking for some winter boots.  While pushing against the crowds of shoppers I was stunned to see hundreds of zombies on roller skates coming up the road causing a massive traffic jam to the music "Spirit in the Sky".  These moments delight me.

Today I met Sal at the Huntarian Museum of pickled things in jars.  I loved the place, all morbid and back lit like a daemoni****a.  I was utterly fascinated by the thousands of dead things suspended forever in time.  It was a little close to the bone seeing the cross sections of  child small pox victims etc.  All it needed was Marty Feldman to come loping through....

And here is me wearing an organ coat in the Huntarian....

Atmosphere.........

A painting of a big bloke from the 1800's

Pickled things...

I've got another four days in London and I'm missing my beloved David and doggies.  I shall be destitute by the time I get out of here.  I think there may be a surcharge on oxygen come to think of it.  What a mad place this is.  Tomorrow I'll go fetch Kingy and go find a Bohemian cafe to live in for the next few days.  I've been drinking so much caffeine I'm peeing stuff the color of the Thames.

I may end up with kidney stones like this if I'm not careful.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
* Gail R *
on 11/3/11 8:12 am - SF Bay Area, CA
Do you celebrate Halloween in Britain? You seemed to really be in the true spirit of it! I am going to have to make a trip back to London to see all these sights that I have missed on every other visit!
PS you look fantastic

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

kirmy
on 11/3/11 8:17 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
They do Halloween but I don't really bother.  I'm just a morbid ******* by nature with a love of witchy tights.

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 8:35 am
Ok, the Huntarian Museum is now officially on the list of places I need to see. I find that stuff utterly fascinating. Btw, love the stripey tights with the boots- 

If you ever make it to the Chicago side of the US, check out the International Museum of Surgical Science.. no where's near as large or as well lit, but hey, they gots an ancient Peruvian trepanned skull!

-Jo

lisarn
on 11/3/11 12:33 pm - Omaha, NE
A few years back some work friends and I went to Chicago for a girls weekend. We were all surgery nurses and LOVED to International Museum of Surgical Science!! Only group of gals that would go there with me!
Lisa
HW/SW/CW/GW:   294/288/170.2/150  ht: 5'2" (06/03/2012)

orangecrushed
on 11/3/11 9:05 am - Triad, NC
Glad to hear that your friend has had an easy go of it!!  LOVE the photos of the Hunterian Museum... it's a must see when I finally make my way over to England.  I adore museums, and it looks like you got to hit up quite a few.  Hope you have a safe trip back home!

Nic
dtabor5
on 11/3/11 9:18 am
LOVE the post and LOVE the pics!!! Kirmy I swear you and I are going to HAVE to get together when i come over!!!

Denise

Denise T.
My Angel is MAJORMOM!!!

MY DS!!!!
I see stupid people everywhere!!!

ModestoK
on 11/3/11 9:28 am, edited 11/3/11 9:35 am
**** me gently with a chainsaw.  I wish I were there!  
I love, love, love pickled parts in jars.  Years ago I went with friends to the National Museum of Health and Medicine.  They had a big display of fetuses in jars showing stages of development and some gruesome birth defects.  My favorite one was next to the heating unit and whenever it came on, I was treated to quivering baby

They also had a brain with the spinal cord still attached.

Brain and spinal cord.

I think his long lost relative had a career in Hollywood in the late 1950's in the Fiend without a Face and The Brain from Planet Arous.

Hi.  My name is Gor.  I like Serotonin ****tails and plotting world domination.  Although I'm macho, I hate camping because I lack thumbs and I had a bad experience with an axe once.  I dislike walks on the beach because sand irritates my delicate tissues.   I prefer blondes in tight sweaters, but foxy ladies of any race will be sexually molested after  I take over their boyfriend's body.  Those who have or enjoy talking dogs need not respond.

Sorry you are going broke, but I'm glad you were there for your buddy and are having a blast.
Take and share lots of photos of the odd things you see. 

Kim
                                      ~  Kim  ~

HW - 283        SW - 257.5     Goal - 156
Thanks to all the DS vets who have paid it forward - I <3 you guys!  
Looking for DS support & information?   Check out :     http://weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

kirmy
on 11/3/11 9:56 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
He he heeeee. 

Reminds me of "Young Frankenstein"..."ain't got no body......ain't got no body, ain't got nobody  to love.......

I'll just leave this here....

Poor little pickled Victorian babies.  Very very weird looking at your own species in formaldehyde.

ModestoK
on 11/3/11 10:00 am
Nice, but does this baby quiver?

Poor children, not even born alive and yet they were still  labled for their suspected sexual choices.    Did the hetro babies get better jars &/or numbers?