18 month check-up yesterday...a little late, but....

Heather E.
on 11/3/11 10:23 am
I probably wouldn't be without you, Gina.  Thanks for everything.

~Heather~

HW: 249/ CW: 130/ GW: 140

Julie R.
on 11/3/11 10:29 am - Ludington, MI
 Hmmmmm....musta been Nancy?

Platelets could be copper deficiency.   How was your copper?

As usual, you look disgustingly good.   

Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Heather E.
on 11/3/11 10:39 am
Yeah, it was Nancy...how'd you guess?!?!  To be fair, I'm not sure there's anyone else there that would've given me much of a different analysis.

My copper is 0.85 on a range of 0.75 - 1.45.  They didn't test it last time, so I don't have a comparison.  I am currently taking one of VL's tender copper (5mg) once a day - should I up that?  To what?  And is there anything in particular I should/should not be taking it with/around?

Hmmm...disgustingly good?  I think I like the sounds of that!!  Hehehe.

~Heather~

Julie R.
on 11/3/11 10:48 am - Ludington, MI
 You don't want to be taking it with your zinc.    I took it that way for a year before finding out that I shouldn't be.   My zinc is fine, copper is low.  They compete with each other.
I told Nancy that you shouldn't take the two together two weeks ago, and she said, "Yeah, I'm still trying to catch up on all that stuff."     Low copper can cause hematological problems.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

Diane Davis
on 11/3/11 4:15 pm
Look at those beautiful tiny tiny arms!  I'm so jealous!

You're beautiful, and your son looks just like you!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
Heather E.
on 11/4/11 8:30 am
Thank you so much, Diane!  I love my arms, too.  One of the things on my body that actually turned out well after all of this, LOL.

~Heather~

ghkan
on 11/5/11 12:39 pm - Comstock Park, MI
 I was told I didn't need to get my labs drawn at 18 months, I had gone in weeks before my appt. to ask for a lab slip thinking I lost mine and I was told they don't draw labs at 18 months.  They said wait until January for my 2 year.  Kinda makes me wonder what my labs may look like.......

Heather E.
on 11/6/11 12:43 am
Who do you see at GHP?  I can't believe they told you not to get your 18 month labs done!!  I'm only about a month behind you...I will be two years out in February.  I don't think that I would want to wait an entire year between lab draws to see how I was doing unless I was a lot further out and had been more stable for a longer period of time.  That's just me, though.

~Heather~

ghkan
on 11/6/11 6:36 am - Comstock Park, MI
 When I stopped in to ask it was the receptionist, both of them.  When I went for my appt. I asked the nurse and then the PA, they all said no labs at 18 months.  Go figure.  
Heather E.
on 11/6/11 2:12 pm
That is so weird.  I didn't have to ask for labs, Nancy already had my lab slip ready for me to take with me for my 18 month labs after I saw her for my one year, and again for my 2 year after my 18 mo. appt.  I don't get it?!?!

~Heather~