READY TO GO BACK TO WORK!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 10:15 pm - ewing, NJ
I am 3 weeks post op. I am so ready to go back to work I feel f I am at work at a desk I would feel alot better!!! Does anyone think its too early??/
Elizabeth N.
on 11/2/11 10:53 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Talk to Dr. G.

You are likely to have a period soon where you feel a bit "set back," as more nerves reconnect and various other processes continue. So yeah, you might be a bit soon.

Try doing stuff that is close to "work environment" at home and see how you do. Being out of your home will nonetheless be an additional stressor most likely. For example, at work how far do you have to go to get to the bathroom? If you need to make a stink in said bathroom, how upsetting might that be?

These seemingly silly little things can drain us a LOT more than we realize early out. So, while you might indeed be well enough to return to work on a limited schedule, you might well be overestimating how recovered you are.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 11:07 pm - ewing, NJ
 When I talked to Dr G pre op he said that I only may need 2 to 3 weeks to recover, I pretty much use the bathroom btw 6 an 7am every morning. I very rarely go throughout the day. It may just be boredom but I do feel completely fine. I will call him again to re consult. Thanks
Elizabeth N.
on 11/3/11 2:26 am - Burlington County, NJ
Maybe you could try doing a little more of some kind of other activities for a couple days at home and see how you do.

Would your workplace be in a fit if you went back and discovered you couldn't really come back yet?

galla1
on 11/2/11 11:08 pm
Thats great you feel ready. I was back to work at 2 weeks if you feel ready I say go for it.. I don't have a desk job so I did get pretty tired here and there, my boss was great about letting me leave early a few times. Good luck!!
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/11 11:10 pm - ewing, NJ
 Yes a majority of the time I am at a desk. Thats why I think I may do ok with going back, We shall see......Thanks
DarcyMad
on 11/3/11 1:41 am - Cedar Park, TX
I was back at work a week and a half after my surgery!  Was I tired?  Yes. Did it take some planning for lunch and eating?  Yes.  You kinda muddle your way through it.  If you are able to be up and moving but sit at your desk for the majority of your work I say go for it!  It will definitely help in the healing process in my opinion.
DarcyMad
Surgery Date:  11/15/2010
Jewel506 is my Angel!    Angel to Kristi (Momx4)
Anything that is, or was, began as a dream - Lavagirl 

(deactivated member)
on 11/3/11 1:43 am - ewing, NJ
 thanks!!!!
micheleshep
on 11/3/11 2:58 am
Revision on 04/30/12
Hi I'm new to this. My Dr is Michael nussbaum in livingston NJ I want to revise lap band to vsg I have anthem bcbs
Elizabeth N.
on 11/3/11 3:42 am - Burlington County, NJ
Hi and welcome. You might want to reach out on the VSG forum to see who has used him. I recognize his name from RNYers. That forum is http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/ .

I would personally recommend Dr. David Greenbaum in Willingboro. He is now operating out of Virtua Memorial in Mt. Holly. www.drthin.com is one of his websites.