Wisdom from a 6 year DS vet

Diane Davis
on 11/1/11 3:28 pm
"LIKE"!!! 

Thank you so much!
 My  is Jewels.  Love her very much!            
J G.
on 11/1/11 4:46 pm
Oh Val, what can I say.  You are my hero.  Miss you on here, but I'm glad for your exciting restaurant venture.  I haven't tried shapers, yet.  I'll have to look at them in Wal Mart.  I'm already getting cold and it's just November in South Florida.  LOL    Jenny
MajorMom
on 11/1/11 8:10 pm - VA
Happy surgiversary, Val!  I have so many of your posts and recipies saved on my computer over the years...you have been a blessing to me. Thank you.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

scoob
on 11/1/11 9:01 pm - Somerset, KY
WOW, Val! Thanks for sharing your story. You look gorgeous! Many times driving down 75 I think, if I only knew where her resturant was,lol. You were my very first friend on here. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with all of us. Miss you on here. HUGS

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Valerie G.
on 11/2/11 4:53 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Man, I'm just off 75.  Take the Monroe exit (also same as Outlet Mall, Flea Market and Hustler store), hang a right towards Lebanon and go down 5 or 6 miles.  Turn into the Shell station on the left.  Porky's is on the opposite side of the building as the Shell station.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

orangecrushed
on 11/1/11 9:15 pm - Triad, NC
Thank you for your words of wisdom!  Very sound advice.  Congratulations on your surgiversary, and for accomplishing so much during these past 6 years.  You inspire those of us who are just starting out!
* Nicole *
on 11/1/11 9:48 pm
Hey Val!

Great post. Thought about ya when in Columbus over the weekend. I would have called and made a visit to your BBQ but I dont have your # anymore. I might be hitting Columbus again in April, I need an excuse to eat some BBQ. LOL

And I agree with your #3 beyond compare and people NEED to heed it! As I am of the special and different catagory. It is beyond frustrating, especially when I come and read here. I'm saying this to everyone you DONT want to be different or special on this journey! What I have to do as a DSr is nearly nothing like everyone else, also why I don't give out much help. I haven't lived as a "normal" DSr. You DONT want it folks, you just don't cause if you are not fully aware of who you are and your body, it will make you second guess and feel a failure. When I've hit a couple rough patches in life, read here it made me feel like I was a serious **** up. But its not the case, I just am a real one of a kind, only thing I really have in common with folks here is the DS surgical procedure and belief it is the best WLS (just not for everyone).

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Valerie G.
on 11/2/11 4:49 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Come see me for sure next time 
porkycaponebbq.com

Valerie
DS 2005

Lloyd S.
on 11/1/11 10:59 pm - Fairborn, OH
Val,

You have always been such and inspiration.  You are right on with your advice.  Life is too short, enjoy the ride and what extra benefits the DS has given us.

Those pictures are spectacular.  You need to frame a few for Porky's.

Love ya, see you soon.

Lloyd

Lloyd
HW 502/SW469/CW250 - Down 219
Hernia repair and Pannilectomy: 13 March 2009

Valerie G.
on 11/2/11 4:51 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 The photographer is a Porky's customer and local in Lebanon.  She got so many shots in 30 minutes, I was amazed.  We did it for Dev's senior pics, but she does families too.  If you want to see the entire collection, let me know and I'll send you the link.

Valerie
DS 2005