Two Year Update and Thanks (Long and with Pictures)

NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 3:39 am, edited 1/23/12 3:18 am
Deleted for privacy
NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 3:40 am
Hmmmm...
Or short and with no pictures?

Where the heck is the rest of my post?

Arrgh - hold on a few
NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 3:44 am, edited 1/23/12 3:17 am
Deleted for privacy
RKLC2002
on 10/31/11 7:14 am - Omaha, NE
Way to go.   You look amazing!   Any tricks or tips for getting your protein in being a 2 year vet?  You said you still eat like bird.  I know being 2 weeks out, I'm not hungry and it can take me a few sittings to eat a 8 oz yogurt.  I assume I will be able to eat a little more normally as the time progresses.  (ie. the new normal, not the old normal). : )

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 11:16 am
 Thanks
Yes, your stomach will definitely expand over time and you'll be able to eat more.  You're right - not your pre-op amount, but enough.  I can eat about 4-6 oz protein in one sitting now, but not much more than that.  I graze during the day on nuts and cheese.  I couldnt physically get in all my protein every day if I stuck to only 3 meals a day.  And I still do protein shakes a few times a week.

Truth be told, some days I eat lots of carbs, although not every day.  If I want to have pasta for dinner I do, bu then that means I'll have a protein shake to make sure to make sure I get in my protein.  But keep in mind I'm at goal, I would not eat like that if I were not, or if I start to gain.
KarenFlorida
on 10/31/11 7:28 am - Orlando, FL
You look Great! Thanks for posting you story!

Funny, I had the exact same thing happen to me after my DS In Montreal. I was on the 12th floor of a hotel with my 1 year old, and my mother, who has arthritic knees. Fire alarm at 3am! No elevator! Neither of us could carry the baby down the stairs! We risked it and stayed in the room. Luckily, it was a false alarm. Maybe we should put "ask for a low floor at the hotel" on the preop advice for newbies!

Congrats on your weight loss, and thanks for always being so helpful on the DS board.

Karen
Join me! weightlosssurgery.proboards.com/index.cgi

NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 11:18 am
 Thanks Karen.
You're right, I have mentioned to a few people that I know travel for their DS to request a room near the exit.  Mine was a false alarm, too.

Congrats on your progress, too!
(deactivated member)
on 11/1/11 2:04 am
wowza look how beautiful you are! Congrats Joanne!
NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 3:48 am, edited 1/23/12 3:17 am
Deleted for privacy
Patricia45
on 10/31/11 5:53 am - OK
WOW!! You look Awesome!!!  I am going to have revision surgery in 2 weeks.   You said you had the DS - was that your original procedure or was it done as a revision?