Who DID NOT lose 100 lbs in their first year and did you get there or past that?

sweetdew
on 10/30/11 2:30 pm - CA
yup! More hugs and kisses to you. I have been in therapy too. One day at a time.... Balance is the key and sometimes I lose it and got to find it again.

Yup! oxoxoxo
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

goodkel
on 10/30/11 3:56 pm
Stall Queen here. Virgin DS, 100cm CC. Did NOT lose 100 the first year.

I started at 265 and was about 180 at one year out. I am now fluctuating between 118-120, but it took every minute of my 24 month window.

Slow and steady wins the race!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

sweetdew
on 10/31/11 12:54 am - CA
Wow, THANK YOU! I started at 262 with the DS, WAS higher before but am just about where you were at this point.

Ok, Ok, I really do have hope that I will get there.

Slow but STEADY! Have a GREAT DAY!

xxooxo
Sweetdew

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/30/11 4:33 pm - Sedona, AZ
I don't think I will hit 100 pounds lost by my one year which is Dec 17. I know it's about 6 weeks away but I went up 10 pounds after I went off the water pill part of my blood pressure pill that an ER doctor switched me to one time without my even being aware. We think  it may have been  causing low potassium at times. I never did have water retention to my knowledge but my blood pressure was up when he switched me to it. I think that is why I went up in weight going off of it now but can't be 100% sure either as I was having sweets around then too

Anyway I am behaving now and the pounds are coming back down - 4 off now but at 195 I doubt I will hit 180 in 6 weeks.

I have a 100cc common channel and my surgeon wanted it longer as we don't absorb as well when we are older and I just turned 60. I am a revision also from a stomach stapling. I do stall as you know but I have read enough hear to know it takes some people up to 2 years to get to normal. or goal. and some never do. Carbs do factor into that tho a lot I am sure.Do you count your carbs? Do you keep them below 50? I don't and doubt I could so I feel I am just taking the scenic route but I do trust my DS. more than I trust myself! lol

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

sweetdew
on 10/31/11 12:56 am - CA
THanks ZUZU, I have watched you and you have been doing wonderful! Hugs!
Sweetdew

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 10/30/11 4:47 pm
You should ask if anyone can send you a saved copy of the "lab rat data". 

That is a page where many many DSers put all of our stats - cc, stomach size, etc, as well as pounds lost every month, out for several years. 

It was informative, and interesting to see how you compared in all regards. I unfortunately put all my data there, initially, then added after weighing every month, but the page went down, and I don't have most of that info saved elsewhere. I did see where some of it was salvaged, but I don't recall who has copies.

sweetdew
on 10/31/11 1:00 am - CA
THanks BEARMOM,

Actually I have seen those stats and they were interesting. I did not see as many peple on there as I do on this thread who are on the same time frame as I have beeen on. Both have been helpful.

YOu haVE BEEN DOING wonderful it seems, yes? Are you happy? I enjoy reading your replies and posts.

THank you!
Sweetdew

buffalobillsfan
on 10/31/11 12:53 am - CA
41 years old when I had my virgin DS.  My common channel was 100 cm's I believe (I only stored this info in Lab Rat....grrr). I am 5' 1 1/2" and my starting weight was 294.  I'm about 149 now. 
I lost:
90 lbs in my first 6 months
133 by my one year mark
another 15 or so in the 6 months after that.  Didn't lose anything after 18 months.  
I noticed that moving more was what brought the weight off after the one year mark.  I have since decreased my activity due to a back injury and temporary job duty change and now I've added back about 6-8 lbs.  I also eat waaaaay too many carbs.  Mostly sugar.  I got away with it for a long time and now I'm suffering in my weight gain because of it. 

Cheers,
Cathy

sweetdew
on 10/31/11 1:04 am - CA
Hey Cathy,

Thanks so much for hopping on the thread. YOu have done fantastic though, even with the little set back. I am happy for you and thank you for your words.

All of you have helped me in giving me the push, faith and hope that it WILL HAPPEN, I JUST NEED TO BE PATIENT   and CONTINUE TO DO MY PART!!!!

I am doing just that.

CHeers!
Sweetdew

NoMore B.
on 10/31/11 1:14 am
I did lose a little more than 100 pounds by my first year, but wanted to say that I continued to lose well after a year.  I hit my goal weight (normal BMI for me) at about 14/15 months, and now even at 24 months out I still drift slightly down.  I'm about 8-10 pounds below normal BMI now.

I have a 125CM CC, am 47, and was a virgin DS