OT: FInding love post DS

beemerbeeper
on 10/29/11 2:39 pm - AL
So many of you followed my story after my DS 2 years ago.  Along with the dramatic weight loss came some significant depression, the loss of some "friends" here on OH whom I still miss, the end of a long-term live in relationship, moving, trying to sell my house.....

So I thought I would share some good news for a change.  I'm dating a really nice guy and am having a great time.

I had put up a profile on a couple of the free dating sites when I moved to Alabama but never met anyone I was interested in meeting and had stopped even going to those sites or even thinking about dating.  I was so busy buying a house and playing a new dog sport and out of the blue got a message from someone who lives in the large town near by.  I agreed to meet him for lunch one day a couple of weeks ago and it is going really well.

He wants to take ballroom dancing lessons with me!!!!!!!  Woot!!!

Gotta love the unexpected changes that the DS brings.

~Becky

* Gail R *
on 10/29/11 2:44 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
'Wow congratulations. I have had some opportunities, but have to admit that after 30 years, I'm scared!

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

beemerbeeper
on 10/29/11 2:53 pm - AL
Gail I was petrified.  PETRIFIED.  I met a couple of guys who wanted to meet me from the dating sites but I was too scared to go meet them. 

I kept telling myself that I didn't WANT to DATE, I just wanted someone to do things with.  What a damn lier I am lol.

When it is right it is right.  I couldn't feel any more lucky to have found this guy.  I asked him what he thought his (grown) kids would say about me and he said they would probably say that we are "just alike."  I told him we could be Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween. 

It feels AMAZING to be desired and to be with someone who "gets" me. 

Come join the singles forum.  The folks there helped me TONS.  They are fantastic.

~Becky

* Gail R *
on 10/29/11 2:58 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
Thanks for the support Becky. It is such a new thing for me to be available and sought after! At first, I didn't even pick up on the fact that a guy was interested until it got sort of out of hand... I was very friendly, thinking that was all there was to it. He must have thought I was a cougar since he is 17 years younger!! LOL 

beemerbeeper
on 10/29/11 3:03 pm - AL
Oh I hate that word.  You really need to come to the singles forum Gail~ and tell that story!!! 

Hank is younger than me.  But WAY taller so I don't care lol.  He's only 4 months younger than me but it seems like most guys his age want to date 35 year old women, you know?  And I've never dated a guy who was taller than me!!  I'm liking it!!!

~Becky

* Gail R *
on 10/30/11 2:52 am - SF Bay Area, CA
I hate that word too. But I hate all words that catagorize people. I don't think I ever dated a guy much taller than I am and at 5"8', I don't think I'm THAT tall...
PS The younger guy was tiny and under weight. Someone who would have never glanced at me two years ago LOL
HAVE FUN!

Julie R.
on 10/29/11 4:30 pm - Ludington, MI
 I'm so glad to hear you've met someone nice, Becky.
I met my husband on an online forum - sorta!    I was only browsing a site after just having recently broken up recently from a disasterous LTR, and he "poked" me, or whatever it is you do on them.   I was not a member, however, so could not respond.    I didn't even have a picture up - just a brief profile, but he told me I sounded intelligent and funny, and that he liked intelligent women.   I finally joined, for one month only, just to answer him, and to get him off my back.   I agreed to meet him for coffee, and it turned out we knew each other from our kids' Band Boosters!   We lived only four blocks apart.    We married less than a year later, and aside from stepdaughter troubles (his, not mine - my kids love him, but his girls hate me) we've been incredibly happy.

By the way - he is nine months younger than me, LOL.
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

beemerbeeper
on 10/29/11 4:42 pm - AL
I love to hear happy ending stories.  You guys were meant to find each other.

Hank was laughing tonight.  He said if someone had told him that they knew this tall, smart, woman with political/religious/social leanings that matched his within 30 minutes of where he lived he would laugh at them.

I'm worried about meeting his kids and hope it doesn't happen for a while.  My kids are pretty cool.  They will think he is weird but would be suprised if I dated someone who wasn't weird.  Their dad is weird so they are used to it. 

~Becky

MajorMom
on 10/29/11 7:22 pm - VA
I am so happy for you , Becky.  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

beemerbeeper
on 10/29/11 10:25 pm - AL
Gina,

He's a retired/disabled vet.  I'm proud to date someone who served our country.
~Becky