that morning poop/air travel

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/31/11 5:42 am - Tuvalu

I carry one of these...0.8 oz, at all times, just in case.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/31/11 10:51 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Yup, me too. I also carry citrus essential oil to put in the bowl. That's a hell of a lot more consideration than your average person shows in a public restroom :-p. So IMO the general public should be thanking us for our good manners!

Shavonne P.
on 11/2/11 3:26 am
LOLOL!!!
Nothing feels better than being able to go into ANY store and fit their clothes!
(deactivated member)
on 10/31/11 7:12 am - San Jose, CA
I just make it a rule - I don't do early AM flights.  Period.  I have to fly to DC frequently.  I leave on a 12PM flight, getting in around 9 or 10 PM.  When I come home, I leave around 3-5 PM, and get home around 8-11 PM.

The day before, I try to eat carefully.  The day OF, I am extremely careful.

If I absolutely, postively HAS to fly in the AM, I would get up 2.5 - 3 hours before I had to leave the house to make sure I could poop a couple of times before I left the house.  With coffee, and if necessary, a couple of puffs on a cig.

Yes, I have pooped at the airport, and yes, I have pooped on a plane.  Even though I am normally very regular, the stress of traveling upsets my guts anyway.  Ozium is my friend.  But I'd rather have to poop at the airport than having gas on the plane - THAT is uncomfortable.
RKLC2002
on 10/31/11 9:35 am - Omaha, NE
What stores have you found Ozium?  And, what area is it in?  Automotive?   I haven't had luck finding it in any stores yet except the non-personal sized ones.

Thanks in advance!

5' 10"    HW= 327   SW=319 lbs        CW=200  (lowest was 180)    GW=170

No regrets with my DS!!!  

Open DS with Dr. Anthone  - October 14, 2011
Ventral Hernia repair/panniculectomy/hysterectomy - Nov 2012; 
Bowel Blockage due to hysterectomy and adhesions - Feb 2013;
Ventral Hernia repair with mesh - Dec 2013

Elizabeth N.
on 10/31/11 10:53 pm - Burlington County, NJ
You can usually find them in the auto supply stores where they have the air freshener hanging thingies.

Docj
on 10/31/11 10:09 am
Revision on 09/01/88

Don't worry too much about it.

Over the yrs, I've learned a few tricks about pooooing in small places. I think most people's poop reeks in tight quarters.

If ya gotta go on the plane, when you exit the BR, and only if someone is waiting nearby to use the loo, simply hold your nose and say, "Oh my, who ever went in there before me, had a problem."

Elizabeth N.
on 10/31/11 10:54 pm - Burlington County, NJ
LOL I'm too honest for that. I just look very sheepish and suggest, "You might want to go elsewhere." Everyone would know I was lying anyway, so I might as well be up front.

linda1814
on 10/31/11 1:06 pm
This was one of my number one concerns prior to getting my DS.  I am 100% travel for work and often take the first flight out which means leaving the house by 4:30 am on Mondays.  In my 2.5 years post-op, I have never pooped on a plane.  My body finds a way to adapt to my unpredictable schedule.  If I haven't pooped before getting on the plane, I won't get a coffee.  :)  Some Mondays, I am able to go before leaving for the airport, but I often don't go until much later in the day.  The rest of the week is business as usual.

The first year or two post-op, I ate extremely cleanly the day before flying out.  No questionable foods to give me any belly problems.  And I almost never eat anything containing flour, HFCS, or modified food starch because my gut is too sensitive to those things.  

There is no way to delay your BMs.... when you gotta go, you gotta go.  

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

Elizabeth N.
on 10/31/11 10:48 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Mine seem to delay themselves any time there is any change in my routine. It's kind of weird, almost like the guts know they have to slow down and hold on for a while :-). That's been my experience thus far with stuff like travel, though it's almost always by car. If I have to get up and on the road in the morning, the usual routine goes out the window.

This makes life as a student rather interesting, since the schedule is different every day.