DS vets and clever folk I need you help and advice .

kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:14 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Thanks Sarah...good link BTW.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/28/11 4:18 pm - Sedona, AZ
Kirmy, no I didn't read all your posts but the subject lines of your posts were always funny so I bookmarked most for later. But I did read the letter to your tummy. lol

We do need a new system here where we can somehow categorize & access old threads that were especially informative . . .I think we need a secretary!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

prettypixels
on 10/28/11 6:42 pm
 FWIW I completely understand your desire to step in and make an awesome booklet for your fellow patients.  I think it is awesome, and a lovely way to pay it forward.  I think you could do just that AND then follow up with publishing it for sale somewhere.  No reason why not!  You *do* deserve to be reimbursed for your efforts and nyb has a point when she says that their office should be doing this research themselves.  Still I get why you'd want to do it and I think you would be awesome at it!
Banded in 2001 at 217 lbs - Band to DS revision 10/25/11 at 310 lbs
If life with your band sucks, you are not alone and it's not your fault.  Check out the failed lap band group!

Ms. Cal Culator
on 10/29/11 7:22 am - Tuvalu

I have a suck-gestion.

Stuff changes.  A lot.  And frequently.

So I think that any book shoud be online only so that updates can be posted asap.
Mommy2006
on 10/29/11 9:49 am
How do you plan on formatting the book? What will the sections be? Just curious, don't know if I have any advice since I'm only a year out. But I think it's *fabulous* that you are re-writing the book. You rock girly.
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/29/11 11:47 am - Sedona, AZ
Well I have messaged to you every post of yours that I bookmarked so that should take you down memory lane every stage of your journey and I hope that helps you for this project. I am going to go back & make sure  have them all from the archives and if I find anymore I will message them too. Sorry if I clogged up your inbox! I look forward to reading them all again someday as your threads are so funny and colorful. You really should be a paid writer someday you know - you have talent!! But you know that! And you are smart too - a winning combination! And you are likeable! ok I will stop now before your big head explodes.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

Joanlaptods
on 10/29/11 11:52 am
I think you should do a book and get a publisher. If there was a book available I would buy it. You can make a statement in the beginning that its not to be considered medical advice but informative only... I think thats what was in a book I bought about the Lapband written by a nurse who had the band.

start 315lbs lapband feb2006-196 lbs night Reflux bc esophageal dilation,216 lbs band replaced may 2008. Gained up to 286lbs still reflux and regurg Ds March 2011   cw 165 lb    

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/29/11 12:32 pm - Sedona, AZ
Ok I found a few more of yours in the archeves 400-500 (pages) 500 is the max so I can't go WAAAY back to when you were a newbie/ I have messaged those now too & will check 300-400 next & so on  . .

Winnie the Pooh

Docj
on 10/31/11 9:45 am
Revision on 09/01/88
Hey Kirmy,

I can relate. After my WLS, I hated the crappy written info on it and embarked on writing an over 300 page doctoral diss. on psych. screening for bariatric surgery (published at U.S.C. in 94').

I wanted to shoot myself after I was done... I was fried more than a chip.

You may already know about this. Have you looked at research on PubMed.com? This includes the worldwide Medline database for medical research. Look at Psychinfo.com too. I started my Magnus Opus by doing a lit. review there. Then, I got together with 2 surgeons and sent out hundreds of questionnaires to pts. I had the docs review the tech. info. for accuracy.

Have fun and a truckload of chocolate ready when u r done....