DS vets and clever folk I need you help and advice .

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/28/11 2:18 pm - Sedona, AZ
well Kirmy, I thought with all these posts there must be tons of good ideas for you already so I peeked in. I guess because the US medicine is motivated by the almighty dollar that we over here can't get past the concept of you doing all this out of the kindness of your heart and not for profit.

Ironically I have spent a lot of time this week going thru the last years posts in the archives here bookmarking what I thought would be valuable things to refer back to. After looking at hundreds of pages the funniest most interesting subject lines were all your posts and I swear I have every one of them bookmarked now. My favorite was your letter to your tummy LMAO  I know this isn't helping you much but it was worth mentioning. 

I will also lookout for good info for your project - it sounds like a big job that might take you much longer than you thought but I will do what I can finding valuable stuff for you! I know you want to help DS'ers there and you are in the medical field and it is very noble of you to dedicate yourself to this!

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:11 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I can understand why people who are exposed to slick bariatric operators are frustrated with the style operation I've described. If I thought for a second that I was being taken advantage of I'd walk away however no one asked me to write anything.  I was asked my opinion of the said document and feel that it isn't worth the paper its written on.  Rather than leave it up to someone who has never had a DS to explain what living with one is like I'd rather take that on as something I could do.

Wow seriously you went through all my old posts......you must be experiencing a form of brain freeze now.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
zuzupetals2u2
on 10/28/11 2:30 pm - Sedona, AZ
Hey - I had an idea -maybe I will send you all your post/threads over the last year (since I just bookmarked them all) in chronological order to help remind you of the issues you had and the things that people wrote back to you to help you with them . .? Would that give you any good info for this project?? Just a thought . .

I could PM the bookmarks to you so it doesn't take up all the space here. I dont even know how to copy multiple bookmarks to the same page yet .  . . .

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:12 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
That is very  cool thanks.

J G.
on 10/28/11 3:30 pm
Go to Lori Black's profile page.  She lists what she eats at 3yrs out.  Scroll down and you will find lists for 2 week, 4 weeks, and 8 weeks out.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/lorindablack/

Best of Luck with your project.  - Jenny
kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:13 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Many thanks for that.  I'll PM Lori and see if she minds.

Elizabeth N.
on 10/28/11 10:47 pm - Burlington County, NJ
That is a very poor and untrustworthy source of information. Heavy emphasis on the unreliability of the source.

kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:13 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Thanks Becky....xxxxxx

sara3
on 10/28/11 4:05 pm
Hello,

I am a pre op and I have found that  the Cornell weight loss center website has been really useful. The section patient Information has a DS food guide and there are other great forms to track protein etc.

I think you will find some really wonderful stuff on there.

The link is http://www.cornellweightlosssurgery.org/wei_los_faq/

You are doing a great thing and it will come back to you.

Sara