DS vets and clever folk I need you help and advice .

kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:05 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Sure, not bad advice.

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 9:47 am - San Jose, CA
I would suggest that you ask the NP to contact the owner of DSFacts.com (via the website) for permisson to copy the info, and that she contact Dr. Rabkin at Pacific Laparoscopy (www.paclap.com) to ask for a copy of and permission to use his Red Book.
newyorkbitch
on 10/28/11 12:32 pm
That is a great idea.

Also want to add that if a DS surgeon and his nurse are asking a layperson to write/edit a booklet that goes to patients - well that is somewhat nuts.  Patel has been doing the DS for quite a while - for him to know nothing (or not care) about disseminating accurate information is absurd.  And his NP - if she is charged with producing this information,  she needs to open a damn computer and read.  I mean she can read ds facts and paclap just as well as any of us can.  And it's her job.  I assume this woman counsels DS patients??
kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:21 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
NO ONE IS ASKING ME TO WRITE A BOOK FOR ***** SAKE!  I'm doing it off my own back as I said before to you.  As for him not caring about the information he's supplying well I don't believe that is the case but I'll not get into a ******g match with you about it cause I can't be arsed.  I feel it would be more use to get at least SOME information from someone who has lived with a DS as opposed to people who have no idea apart from what they hear from Nutritionists and returning patients with problems.  I intend to pass the link onto Beth regarding Ds facts as Diana suggested.  I also intend to write a booklet for people  I encounter to help with all of the **** I had to ask on this forum every day.  You can whip the hat around for me if you want to.

newyorkbitch
on 10/28/11 8:56 pm
Watch out for liability issues.
newyorkbitch
on 10/29/11 12:11 pm
What happens if people take your advice and not their doctor's and something bad happens - you are not a medical practitioner - watch out for liability. 

And I have to say that if Patel's office gives out a booklet with any medical advice, written by a layperson, they are crazy.

I deal with these issues all the time, all the time.
kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:06 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I'll send Beth  a link. 

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 10:06 am
As a pre-op I'd say that the things I've had the most questions on and have gotten the most conflicting responses on are labs and vitamins.  When to start them, which to take and which to add later, which labs to get as baseline, etc.  Also the importance of things such as fat in your diet afterwards.  That is something that is specific to DS and no other WLS, so I think that's important.  Just my 2 cents!
(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 11:59 am
Is there a book on DS that newbies can buy now?
nightowl
on 10/28/11 3:55 pm - Topeka, KS
Nope, there is not.