DS vets and clever folk I need you help and advice .

kirmy
on 10/28/11 7:02 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Guys I'm off to bed but will check in tomorrow. Xx

RIP Mickie aka Happychick.  You will be missed deeply.
Elizabeth N.
on 10/28/11 10:50 pm - Burlington County, NJ

For you, my dear, I am happy to give you permission to use anything I've posted. Just please give credit under my full name :-).

kirmy
on 10/29/11 6:23 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Thank you darling heart. Love you honey. xxx

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 6:30 am
kirmy
on 10/28/11 6:46 am - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Regardless of wheather Beth uses my info or not the folk that I support can use the advice. The friends and families and GP's of these folk could use the advice! If it came down to getting paid then DS facts wouldn't exsist. That is a bunch of people looking after their community without material motivation being the driving force.
The aftercare for DS patients is appalling in my experience. I'd like to help. I know that Dr Patel works for the NHS doing liver transplants etc during the week and then books in bariatric patients on the weekends. I don't think they are lazy I think the issue is there is no time so they use the resources availble both on line and supplied by nutritionalists on the NHS where they predominantly do the RNY. There are more public health patients coming on line for the DS so any info for them is good info. fYI a NP is a nurse practitioner. As far as I know there is only Dr Patel and Beth not a slick bariatric centre or the like.

It is that simple! Now do you have any info you would suggest towards this document?

MsBatt
on 10/28/11 7:24 am
I applaud you, Kirmy!

My early post-op days are long in the mists of time, so I don't really have any off-the-cuff info for you. Let me think about it a little while.
kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:02 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
Oh sweetie that is nothing compared to the years you've put into educating and supporting folk here.  Further more it was YOU that pointed me to the DS.  Without YOU I'm have a ****** up RNY and be dumping like a ******* every day due to my hideous chocolate obsession.

Thanks for being the first and not the last person on this thread to offer to help.  I love the bones of you.

Julie R.
on 10/28/11 8:29 am - Ludington, MI
 I have an evil chest cold, absolutely NO voice, and I just completed a terribly difficult day of attempting to teach music without said voice.  I just discovered it is almost impossible to do.   I'd open my mouth, and nothing would come out.    It was entertaining to see the look on my students' faces though.   My brain has been left somewhere along the highway en route from school, so I'll have to think of some guidance after a decent night's sleep.   However, a bowl of Pho sounds so freaking wonderful right now.     Damn, I wish there was a Vietnamese restaurant closer than 100 miles away.

Have f un!
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

kirmy
on 10/28/11 4:04 pm - BF-Nowhere, United Kingdom
I promise to eat a bowl of Pho just for you.  Any help would be gratefully received and credited.

Northcountrygirl
on 10/28/11 8:55 am
Kirmy,  This is a noble task for you to undertake.  I am not a vet,  I am 26 days out.    I just wanted to say that the clinic I had my DS done at gave me a list of vitamins and actually a schedule to take them on.  They are fairly right on and it was helpful to me.  I was worried about what to take and when.  This has gotten me organized.   I am still struggling to get them in but this list was so simple and helpful.  That might be helpful in your brochure to offer a regime for newbie to follow.
Melissa