Low Carb Bread

Switch_Me
on 10/27/11 9:59 am - Baltimore, MD
 Evening everyone.

I wondered if any of you have tried this low carb bread:
http://julianbakery.com/lc-promo/?gclid=CN-U8bfSiawCFW4DQAode0ianw
with only 1 net carb per slice it seems like a great option for the occasional toast with eggs or toasted cheese sandwich.  

Verhampshirite
on 10/27/11 10:16 am
I really like it. I have a slice for breakfast  most days.

Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier.
-- Eleanor Roosevelt
HW - 320, SW - 277, CW - 144, GW - 137
5' 2.5"; 120 cm. common channel; 3-4 oz. sleeve

meredith_123
on 10/27/11 11:08 am - Waterford, MI
Seems awfully expensive for a loaf of bread.  I found Aunt Millie's makes a light potato bread that's really good.  You can get it at the grocery store for about 2-3 dollars depending on the store.  It's got 35 calories per slice, 10g total carbs, 3g fiber, 2 g protein.  Not quite as low carb as the julian bread, but it's still pretty good and it tastes great.  My kids also like it, so I don't have to waste most of a loaf.  I've made it as toast a couple times with lots of butter and a slice of cheese, sort of like a grilled cheese but with way less carbs, yum.
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Kathleen F.
on 10/27/11 11:12 am, edited 10/27/11 11:13 am
Switch_Me
on 10/27/11 11:50 am - Baltimore, MD
 Ooooo French toast!!!  That didn't even cross my mind!

I am trying to "super" low carb it.  Have been doing low carb for about 2 months in prep for DS life (lost 18lbs so far, so I'm pretty happy about that) and thought this bread looked like the best super low carb option.  Certainly the potato bread would be a more economical choice later on.
Twyla S.
on 10/27/11 11:46 am - Chattanooga, TN
 i was wondering about this today.  I LOVE breads (which probably explains my diabetes, since I'm not a sweetaholic), is wheat bread ok after the DS, or does all bread cause some problem or another?  Better to use sparingly, or avoid altogether?

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
Switch_Me
on 10/27/11 12:00 pm - Baltimore, MD
 Twyla, I hear you!  I could eat pasta and bread all day long!  Garlic bread is my nemesis!  
Kathleen F.
on 10/27/11 12:02 pm
Switch_Me
on 10/27/11 12:42 pm - Baltimore, MD
 Completely agree - I'm thinking for just the months leading up to my surgery allowing myself a slice every now and then - and postop eventually reintroducing things as tolerated, keeping it low carb.  Glad to see you can tolerate it!
Renee2007
on 10/27/11 12:58 pm - Central, FL
 I have not tried the Julien bread. I had good luck with Pepperidge Farms Light Syle Oatmeal. It's lower carb and thin. I ate it occasionally through my weight loss phase and it didn't bother me or affect my loss.

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150