Did your fat shift?

kramer5
on 10/26/11 12:36 pm - Washington, KS
I've noticed that in the last week or so it feel like my fat is shifting or something.  My stomach actually feels like it weighs more and is in my way more (how weird is that?).  Also, even though I've lost 36 lbs my pants fit the same, the only piece of clothing that has changed is my bra...sooo frustrating.  My PCP thinks that I could still be swollen at 7 weeks out which seems crazy to me...do you think that could be? 
Dawn

zuzupetals2u2
on 10/26/11 1:42 pm - Sedona, AZ
I am not sure why but I have never lost that bloat stomach thing since the surgery 10 months ago and I dont know if it is from eating carbs or if the laproscopic surgery did something but I am hoping too it will change without a tummy tuck in time. I have heard a few others talk about it too but I dont think they were this far out.

1985 Verticle Banded Gastroplasty to DS revision 2010     sw 280 gw 140 cw 188 hw 360

“If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.?
Winnie the Pooh

* Gail R *
on 10/26/11 1:44 pm - SF Bay Area, CA
I don't think I lost my weight evenly at all during the first year. Now it has distributed itself more evenly but, for the first time in my life, this once "big legged woman" now has chicken legs and a bit of a pot belly. I think it is because I am post menopausal. Hopefully you will redistribute as time goes by.

~Gail R~  high wt.288,  surg wt 274, LW 143, CW 153,  GW164

Emily F.
on 10/26/11 8:21 pm
Nope, you are still swollen.

If will change for the next two years. At first, I lost fairly proportionately , then 220-200 went straight from my boobs and ass. Then everything went slim. Then I gained 10lbs and filled out slightly.

Just hang on for the ride.
DeniseATL
on 10/27/11 12:16 am - Atlanta, GA
Gained...good news I would like to gain ten..mind sharing what you did..and how far out you were

Emily F.
on 10/27/11 3:23 am
On October 27, 2011 at 7:16 AM Pacific Time, DeniseATL wrote:
Gained...good news I would like to gain ten..mind sharing what you did..and how far out you were
 18 months out. I started eating bananas before I work out. That is all I can tell I do differently? I figured it was just naturally filling back out. I do not work like I was. I was doing zumba 2 times a week and elliptical 1-2 times a week and I"m lucking if I get on the elliptical 1-2 times a week now. 
Elizabeth N.
on 10/26/11 11:13 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Swelling can last a very long time after ANY kind of injury to ANY part of the body.

You need to quit being in such a damned hurry and focus on doing what you need to do RIGHT.

(deactivated member)
on 10/27/11 12:56 pm
I *wish* my fat would shift upwards!

I'm almost three years out (2/25/09), and I was an extreme pear shape going in. 

1 year out, I had what I call a "toddler body", no breasts, and chubby legs. 

Still got no breasts, (think tennis ball at the end of a tube sock), and wide in proportion to the rest of me AZZ! 
I'll forever be a pear, but at least not a 400 pound pear!

I am grateful though to be able to buy and wear jeans!  Size 14 or 16 Petite, depending on the brand. I have short legs!

I used to wear snug size 30/32 cotton knits, and jeans were a cruel joke!