OMG...6 month diet is over, going to insurance

orangecrushed
on 10/27/11 1:43 pm - Triad, NC
I have panic sessions too... it'll allllll be ok, though!!!!  It's worth it, and it's worth the risk.  Life afterwards is going to be vastly improved. :)

I think that when you speak with the anesthesiologist, you should tell them you are prone to panic attacks.  They can give you something to help you relax.

Just try to focus on all of the positives!  It's normal to have your emotions go all over the place during this.  It is a serious decision, but you've done your research... you know what lies ahead, and you're ready for the challenge!

Nic

Mdae
on 10/27/11 3:29 pm
well, i do think you're worrying excessively, and that you should try and relax a bit.  i was out before they wheeled me out of the prep room, it was SO fast.  and of course i didn't dream or anything, next thing i knew i was waking up surrounded by family and friends, helpfully pushing my morphine button for me so i couldn't keep my eyes open for more than about 3 seconds.  i was discharged the very next day, and had zero complications.

as far as comparing it to a c-section, it was IMO, quite different.  after my c-section, i was just a little sore, but i was ravenous and recovered very fast (and was able to deal with a newborn!).  with the DS, you feel a bit like you were hit by a bus - there were more incisions (lap) and much more bruising, and it takes some time to get used to eating and drinking again.  it seemed like a slow process, when i wanted a massive slab of cow and had to satisfy myself with a sugar-free popsicle...  and i seemed to need a lot more rest (no food=no energy).

it may not all be sunshine and rainbows, but i'm sure it'll be okay!

Twyla S.
on 10/27/11 10:47 pm - Chattanooga, TN
 Well this morning I'm in a much better place...thank the good Lord.  I knew what I was doing yesterday morning when I got up, and that email really didn't change that.  I know I've done my research on my doctor and the surgery and I'm happy with it, wouldn't change it a bit.  I know I don't make snap decisions where my life is concerned, and I did ask my doc(who btw knows NOTHING about the DS, but has a stack of papers from me that she's been reading...she's such a cool doc) about the dangers of my having surgery.  She says she thinks I'm an excellent canidate, that she thinks I'll do very well on this, and that I owe her BIG time, for all the diet sheets she had to fill out.  Bless her heart, she stayed til 7 pm one night just doing my diet sheets and faxing the info...

I went back and read the post for newbies.  The article written--I think by Elizabeth--calmed me down alot, and made me realize that I got this.  I can handle all of that.  I have a high tolerance to pain, I'm tired as hell all the time anyway now and have no energy, it hurts terribly to move because of the weight on my joints now, so surgery is only going to HELP.  It will never get better just sitting here, and even though I'm no spring chicken, I'm not old, and my new grandbaby will be here next month.....which is what spurred me into this to begin with.

Thanks to everyone for the concerns and the help.....lots of love to you all!

Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself. ~Harvey Fierstein
gak
on 10/28/11 1:59 pm
Revision on 06/21/13
You have done everything properly, studies, jump thru all the dang hoops. How wonderful that you have a great PCP. Pray you get your date soon. If your nervous that a.m. on arrival, just tell them you need something to calm you and get you on the table, that your ready to be skinny !

New grandbaby's are exciting, get the weight off and you can play on the floor ! It's amazing to be able to keep up with them as well !   

Ginger<><  
 Revision #2 Dr John Rabkin June 21, 2013; First Revision DS - Dr Maguire
  5-18-09; First DS 7-15-2003 Dr Clark Warden = Third time is the charm   

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/11 3:09 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Honey, once they get you onto that table, the nice man with the funny hat will say "count backwards from 100", you'll get to about 98.5 and the next thing you'll know is the nurse telling you "Wake UP!!  You're done"!!!

You won't know a thing about it.  Your surgeon's team are all professional, and they want you to do
well even more than you do.

Jump up and down, scream and yell, whatever it takes, but get your butt to the hospital on time.

Hugs,