Losing slowly

Blank Out
on 10/27/11 12:29 am
 Yes, put the scale away!  I only lost weight every 3-4 weeks.  I think I did pretty well!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Nurse N.
on 10/26/11 12:13 pm
I'm 7 weeks out and I've lost 42 lbs. I had the lapband for almost 5 years and didn't even lose that much with it in. I'm pretty content with my loss. I can admit that I don't get on the scale everyday. My scale is at my Mom's purposely because she lives 20 minutes away, and I don't visit daily. Just remember it didn't take us overnight to gain all this weight. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

Janet P.
on 10/27/11 12:14 am
Congrats on the 37 pounds. That's awesome. You're not at a plateau. As others said, this is perfectly normal. Did it take a month to get to the size you are now? I doubt it and it will take a while to lose it all. Take a breath and relax.

You say you're hardly eating anything -- that believe it or not is the problem. Well not really a problem -- just part of the learning process. Your body thinks you are starving so it holds onto every morsel you put in. You actually need to be eating more not less. The DS is only a tool. You are re-learning how to eat using this new tool. It's not like the old days where you didn't eat to lose weight. With the DS to eat to lose weight. Your insides don't work the same way they did pre-op.

Get off the scale and just concentrate on drinking and eating.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny