Sizes these days are bulls*** man

Larissa P.
on 10/25/11 9:07 pm - Denton, TX
Ok, I'm 138 pounds right now. I'm 5'2". I'm a 25.1 BMI, so I'm still technically (by a hair) "overweight" by  the charts. I got me some batwings you wouldn't believe, and saddle bags big enough to pack for a trip.

But...I'm a size 6, really? I'm having to buy SMALL shirts and they still aren't body hugging or tight?

BULL

WTF am I gonna do if I get smaller? I feel this vanity sizing is out of  control, and I'm living a lie.

Thanks for listening.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Renfairewench
on 10/25/11 9:19 pm
Don't even get me started on vanity sizing.

Now that you are a pixie I guess you should be buying XTRA small then! 
Right?

You'll be back to shopping in speciatly pixie stores soon.  

For me, no matter what size I am I can never seem to find what I like in that size anyway. I'm "average/normal" size now and so of course it's the most popular size. Seems that way to me no matter what size I am. 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

teachmid
on 10/25/11 10:02 pm - OKC, OK
This shopping thing has been a real experience for me as I have never shopped in "regular" sizes except for briefly years ago. I can't believe the size variations depending on brand and style. I'm more accustomed to buying whatever fits. Haha.

-Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

scoob
on 10/25/11 10:54 pm - Somerset, KY
Enjoy it girl! You're a size 6 baby!! YAY!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Kathy S.
on 10/25/11 11:36 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with
 If you think too much about it, it will drive you INSANE!  I worked out boxing, boot camp and all getting ready for my son's wedding in September.  My jeans are a loose size 5 and I had to get a freakin size 16 in my dress for the wedding. Talk about a WTH moment?

Congratulations on all you have accomplished. Pull out the before photo often and compare it to where you are now and feel very proud of what you have accomplished.

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Renfairewench
on 10/26/11 2:47 am
I often have to tell myself that I'm dressing for fit, not for size. I have quite a few size 10 suits in my closet, but I also have 12's and 14's and some are the same manufacturer (like Jones NY and Tahari!).

GW 150

Kathleen F.
on 10/26/11 2:37 am
Renfairewench
on 10/26/11 2:48 am
I hate when that happens!

GW 150

CarolZ
on 10/26/11 4:33 am - Atlanta, GA
Yeah, this is aggravating for me, too.  I try on EVERYTHING and ignore the size.  I'm a 4 in dress slacks and nice jeans.  A 6 in shorts from Target.  I wear a Small or Medium or Large top depending on the manufacturer.  My dress coat is a size 10, my leather jacket (Michael Kors from TJMaxx) is a Large.  And I frequently have to have things altered.

Who knows anymore?  I like how I look in the mirror and my boyfriend likes how I look, so I don't worry about it too much.

Carol

Height 5'4.5"
HW 283  SW 263 LW 119 CW 147 GW 135  
NOT EVEN OVERWEIGHT - Just "normal" for the first time since 1989:)

Renfairewench
on 10/26/11 6:30 am
I only like how I look in the mirror so long as I have clothes on! 

The other night hubby and I were wrestling in bed and he grabbed my skin on the side of my stomach and I swear like a Shar Pei puppy I turned all the way around and he STILL had my skin in his hand.  I think the two of us rolled off the bed we laughed so hard!

GW 150